Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

****MORNING THREAD 3/26******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning!

From what I was told last night, FoMoCo will open up 1 plant in Monroe Michigan to make parts for ventilators. The plastic molded housings and lcd/led screens will be made there, shipped to another plant 5 miles away for final assembly. Not sure where other components are coming from. 3M just leased a place in Monroe, MI to assemble the ventilators. GM will provide conveyor lines and some tradesmen. FCA supposedly will handle the freight between the buildings since they already have a depot in Monroe. The people assembling the ventilators will be, you guessed it, temp workers from a temp agency, $10.00hr according to an advertisement some seen in a local paper and Detroit news. Good luck with getting people to work for $10hr. The UAW is saying they should be offered $20.00 to start with benefits on day 1 since this is a national emergency. I agree with the UAW. I'm checking to see if this information is accurate later today.

Fordman

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning! Hope they hire people at a decent wage and skill level! People’s lives are on the line.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Morning!

From what I was told last night, FoMoCo will open up 1 plant in Monroe Michigan to make parts for ventilators. The plastic molded housings and lcd/led screens will be made there, shipped to another plant 5 miles away for final assembly. Not sure where other components are coming from. 3M just leased a place in Monroe, MI to assemble the ventilators. GM will provide conveyor lines and some tradesmen. FCA supposedly will handle the freight between the buildings since they already have a depot in Monroe. The people assembling the ventilators will be, you guessed it, temp workers from a temp agency, $10.00hr according to an advertisement some seen in a local paper and Detroit news. Good luck with getting people to work for $10hr. The UAW is saying they should be offered $20.00 to start with benefits on day 1 since this is a national emergency. I agree with the UAW. I'm checking to see if this information is accurate later today.

Fordman

Trump invoked the War Powers Act. Hopefully it will help the supply chain for the shortages in the medical industry and with situations like this. From what I understand, it will take 4 - 6 months for the ventilator shortage to start to change.

Seeing someone close to you on a ventilator is horrible thing.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Good afternoon. Not a whole lot going on here, regular stuff. I did pick up a full 2011 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection GU set. I’m not super into plain-Jane GU cards, but it brings me closer to a “master set”. Of course, getting this set meant I needed some more 75 pt. toploaders, so I had to order those.

Members online