Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why are Adrian Beltre's 1997 Bowman Chrome base and parallels selling for so much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I was going through one of my rookie boxes the other night and came across a 1997 Bowman Chrome Adrian Beltre Refractor parallel. I checked the sold listings on eBay to find out how much they have been going for and was shocked to see $150-$200. Is there a reason why Beltre's 1997 Bowman Chrome cards are selling for so much? I know that he was a solid player but there are other solid players from the set not selling for nearly as much.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I would think there was a small boost of people trying to get one before a potential HOF induction. Still got some time but I think he was underrated during his playing time. Is that price graded or raw? I'm not huge on graded but maybe it's a low pop?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
He's a HOFer in waiting. About 3-4 years ago, people "discovered" him as he was moving towards both 3000 hits AND 500 homers. He ended a touch short on the homers but 3100+ hits will get him there. But if you weren't watching the card market closely, you might have missed it because he was an older player. The perception of him being merely "solid" persists, even though he ended up with some really impressive totals. He never won MVP, I think only won 1 home run title, and was never really a huge figure in the sport or the hobby. For 1997 rookies, Bowman Chrome refractor parallels are about as good as you get. I don't think he had any autos until 1998.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm a big Beltre fan, one of my biggest baseball wishes would be the Red Sox kept him more than one year. I agree he had a solid career through and through, a few big years but not huge peaks and valleys. I would contend that during his time in the bigs he was the best third baseman and for that he should be in the hall.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm a big Beltre fan, one of my biggest baseball wishes would be the Red Sox kept him more than one year. I agree he had a solid career through and through, a few big years but not huge peaks and valleys. I would contend that during his time in the bigs he was the best third baseman and for that he should be in the hall.

I definitely think he was one of the top 2-3 3B during his career. Honestly Scott Rolen would probably be the only full time 3B from the same time period that could match Beltre on both sides of the ball. If Rolen hadn't gotten hurt he's a slam dunk Hall of Famer rather than just a borderline deserving one.

Beltre is terribly underrated though. He's one of the top 3 defensive 3B of all time and in the top 10 offensively. How anyone could think he isn't a Hall of Famer blows my mind.

cmarms

Dec 13, 2019
IMO Beltran is an absolute hall of famer I always thought of him as a big star tho a lot of people didn’t I know I never wanted him coming up in key situations against my team but I’m surprised to read that his chrome is selling for that much I’m going to have to find my belted cards now

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online