Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think that Prince Fielder will eventually get inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Looking at Fielder's stats, he put up a string of 8 straight seasons of at least 25 home runs and 80+ rbi's and he also hit for a pretty good average for most of his career. From articles that I've read, there seems to be an even number of people who think that he will or that he won't. Do you think that Fielder had a Hall of Fame caliber career or merely a solid, above average career?

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think Jack Clark was a better player.

Similar but Clark was a bit better IMO.

And neither is close to being a HOFer...

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Thanks for the responses to my post but with that being said, how many 20+ home run and 80+ RBI seasons do you think get a player consideration for the Hall of Fame? I realize that batting average for hitters is taken into consideration, too, but I know they mainly look at home runs and runs batted in.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for the responses to my post but with that being said, how many 20+ home run and 80+ RBI seasons do you think get a player consideration for the Hall of Fame? I realize that batting average for hitters is taken into consideration, too, but I know they mainly look at home runs and runs batted in.

For primarily power hitters, you need 400+ Career HRs just to get into the conversation. To reach that milestone you need 15 years averaging 27 HR.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
No, he didn't have the longevity to even be in the conversation. Most voters like a player to have a 10 year stretch where they're one of the better players in the game. That's why guys like Mattingly or Murphy haven't gotten in. The longevity of their prime was too short.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
No, he didn't have the longevity to even be in the conversation. Most voters like a player to have a 10 year stretch where they're one of the better players in the game. That's why guys like Mattingly or Murphy haven't gotten in. The longevity of their prime was too short.

Was this a joke? Because it made me laugh. I mean you won’t get 1 person saying yes EVER. BUT the Mattingly comparison was spot on. I have been saying that for years as my brother is a yankee fan and many others say he is a hall of famer. No.

Here is the real debate. Is big papi a hall of famer. I say no but close, I could listen.

Omar visquel, I say yes, and a joke he is not and I’d listen against as I have and if Ozzie smith then Omar is in.

I’m closing if your question sparked talk it’s cool or you were serious I apologize.

Furthermore his pops was 10 times the player and couldn’t walk or play the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

barongan

Aug 6, 2018
Nope
o.png

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Was this a joke? Because it made me laugh. I mean you won’t get 1 person saying yes EVER. BUT the Mattingly comparison was spot on. I have been saying that for years as my brother is a yankee fan and many others say he is a hall of famer. No.

Here is the real debate. Is big papi a hall of famer. I say no but close, I could listen.

Omar visquel, I say yes, and a joke he is not and I’d listen against as I have and if Ozzie smith then Omar is in.

I’m closing if your question sparked talk it’s cool or you were serious I apologize.

Furthermore his pops was 10 times the player and couldn’t walk or play the field.

No I wasn't joking...not sure what part you thought I was....it's pretty common knowledge that voters look at the longevity of their prime years, and they like people to get a big award i.e MVP/CY. Prince doesn't have either. Murphy and Mattingly have the awards, but their primes were too short i.e they weren't the best player in the league long enough.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
No I wasn't joking...not sure what part you thought I was....it's pretty common knowledge that voters look at the longevity of their prime years, and they like people to get a big award i.e MVP/CY. Prince doesn't have either. Murphy and Mattingly have the awards, but their primes were too short i.e they weren't the best player in the league long enough.

Prince fielder wasn’t the best player at his POSITION for a year. That’s ok if you were not joking. I think mark price in basketball is a hall of famer. Granted bias, as I believe you are.

Members online