Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Houston Astros Collectors and Fans Thread

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised no Astros fans have been posting on here since they clinched the division!

Since I'm a D-Backs fan I may have a team who makes it to the playoffs so I'll have to root for them but if/when they are eliminated, the Astros will be the other team I'll root for to win the World Series (unless of course the D-Backs make it)

Justin Verlander is a beast and you guys should be happy to have him. From what I've heard from all the chatter it looks like he'll be your ace in the postseason and take game 1. Obviously Keuchel will pitch the 2nd game but who will be the other starter you have in the rotation? I'm assuming it's McCullers but I know he's been dealing with injury issues lately so I don't know his current status.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some shots of the celebration for you hardcore Stros fans [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] [MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION] [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] & of course the biggest Houston fan alive [MENTION=19223]johnryno[/MENTION]

I suppose I can include [MENTION=11981]WCTYSON[/MENTION] on the list since he lives there.

Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I'm surprised no Astros fans have been posting on here since they clinched the division!

Since I'm a D-Backs fan I may have a team who makes it to the playoffs so I'll have to root for them but if/when they are eliminated, the Astros will be the other team I'll root for to win the World Series (unless of course the D-Backs make it)

Justin Verlander is a beast and you guys should be happy to have him. From what I've heard from all the chatter it looks like he'll be your ace in the postseason and take game 1. Obviously Keuchel will pitch the 2nd game but who will be the other starter you have in the rotation? I'm assuming it's McCullers but I know he's been dealing with injury issues lately so I don't know his current status.
    Thanks for the mention and I do enjoy watching the Astros but I'm a bigger fan of talent over any team allegiance. McCullers is day-to-day, so we will see where he fits if he can get a start or two before the regular season ends. Otherwise, Charlie Morton? The Astros have their middle relief/long relief locked down, so their need to have a starter take on a lot of innings early in the playoffs shouldn't be much of a factor.

I feel like in the NL, the Nats and Dodgers take up a lot of attention but the D-Backs are extremely dangerous and I will be looking to them to deflate those big dogs. Should be a lot of fun going forward. And I still hate the one game wild card play-in.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot this thread existed!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Thanks for the mention and I do enjoy watching the Astros but I'm a bigger fan of talent over any team allegiance. McCullers is day-to-day, so we will see where he fits if he can get a start or two before the regular season ends. Otherwise, Charlie Morton? The Astros have their middle relief/long relief locked down, so their need to have a starter take on a lot of innings early in the playoffs shouldn't be much of a factor.

I feel like in the NL, the Nats and Dodgers take up a lot of attention but the D-Backs are extremely dangerous and I will be looking to them to deflate those big dogs. Should be a lot of fun going forward. And I still hate the one game wild card play-in.
    The D-Backs are a team where all the position seem to get hot and cold at the same time and when they're hot this team can beat anyone. But when they get cold, if the pitching can't hold the opposing team to less than 2 runs then we're going to lose. Luckily the starting pitching has the best ERA in the NL. Greinke, Ray & Godley are an amazing 1-2-3 punch but most people are only aware of Greinke (due to the little coverage the team gets).

I get what you are saying about individual talent. I generally feel the same way when neither the Braves or D-Backs are in contention. I focus all my attention on what specific players (mostly young talent) across the league are doing and follow the stats religiously because I'm a geek like that. But on a year like this when one of them are actually doing well I watch the games daily.

But I still do have an allegiance to a couple teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    I forgot this thread existed!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    I've probably made the majority of posts in it and I'm not even an Astros fan! I must have had an Astros pitcher on my fantasy team last year. Can't remember, don't care to scroll through it at the moment (I do have Reddick this year)

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big JV on the mound tonight putting up 'em k's!

Struck out both Trout & Upton

2 out runner on 1st

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verlander looking for another top 5 Cy Young finish this season (me thinks 4th or 5th)

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The high heat!

JV back at it again

2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 K (205 K in 2017)

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JV's got the major league leading spin rate on his fastball. Been throwing it in the mid to upper 90's all season long.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to back changeups fool Calhoun for another K!

3 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 4 K

(206 strikeouts in 2017)

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JV gets Upton swinging again! Strikeout #5

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad call ump! Pujols went...shoulda been out of the inning

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verlander - 4 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 5 K

Should be 6 strikeouts and no walks but whateva

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richards pitching like an ace too. Angels trying their hardest to avoid elimination.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    98 right down broadway! Strikeout #6