Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Mayock Is An Idiot!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fc1d3b

this guy has no idea what he's talking about......all this "conversion" and "rush linebacker" and "4-3" and "3-4" and "3 down backer"......this guy talks out of his @$$....."sam" and "mike" and "will" linebackers....why does this guy act like he knows what he's talking about???

G

Am I the only one who thinks this guy sounds like a complete idiot???

G

Ryo1549 said:
Got my cam in today. If i can swing it, I am going to nab a blaster.

Off Topic :lol: but cool....hope I'm on when you do :D

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Mayock is never wrong. You obviously aren't a 3 down poster, and you lack the fluidity to play the "Mike" Linebacker spot here on FCB. :lol: :lol: ;)

I agree with you to a degree on Mayock. While he does bring up a lot of necessary information in his projections, and knows the details of some football positions, he also clutters that with a litany of subjective areas that are usually corrected in camp by pro coaches. He could have saved himself 30 seconds and said "I think Cushing might need to work on his pass coverage at the next level."

When I watch those, I usually find that if he's nitpicking at minor stuff like that, the player is legit and worth taking.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Considering those are all football terms, it would be his job to know and use them correctly.

G

Brad said:
Considering those are all football terms, it would be his job to know and use them correctly.

"rush linebacker"??? "3 down backer".....really....never heard those terms at any point in my experience playing football....and he uses as you said "football terms" out of context....."mike","sam", and "will" are blitz designations.....and what the hell is a "hand in the dirt" defensive end??? oh yeah, they are JUST defensive ends :oops: I played DE in high school but rarely got down into a "3-Point Stance" (which by the way is the "correct" football term) so did that make me a "rush linebacker"??? NO....it didn't even make me an outside linebacker....I was still a Defensive End.....the guy is an idiot and he makes people who haven't actually been around organized football think he's some kind of genius.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
trojanfan43 said:
Brad said:

"rush linebacker"??? "3 down backer".....really....never heard those terms at any point in my experience playing football....and he uses as you said "football terms" out of context....."mike","sam", and "will" are blitz designations.....and what the hell is a "hand in the dirt" defensive end??? oh yeah, they are JUST defensive ends :oops: I played DE in high school but rarely got down into a "3-Point Stance" (which by the way is the "correct" football term) so did that make me a "rush linebacker"??? NO....it didn't even make me an outside linebacker....I was still a Defensive End.....the guy is an idiot and he makes people who haven't actually been around organized football think he's some kind of genius.

I know, but he is describing things like a rush linebacker is a guy like Woodley or Harrison in a 3-4 whose main job is get to the QB. I really have never heard of a 3rd down backer though. I don't know about other teams, but on the Clemson 2-deep we list sam, will, and mike. We also have a Cat Back which is just a SS.

G

Brad said:
trojanfan43 said:
Brad said:

I know, but he is describing things like a rush linebacker is a guy like Woodley or Harrison in a 3-4 whose main job is get to the QB. I really have never heard of a 3rd down backer though. I don't know about other teams, but on the Clemson 2-deep we list sam, will, and mike. We also have a Cat Back which is just a SS.

all outside linebackers jobs at one point in the game is to go after the QB.....rush linebacker isn't a football term....just something that he thought might make him sound more educated about football :oops:

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
trojanfan43 said:
Brad said:
trojanfan43 said:
Brad said:

all outside linebackers jobs at one point in the game is to go after the QB.....rush linebacker isn't a football term....just something that he thought might make him sound more educated about football :oops:

I realize that. But my understanding is a rush linebacker is just a LB (usually a converted DE) who is more likely to blitz or add pressure like a D. Ware or people like that. For the Steeler, it would not really be a guy like Larry Foote since he is more in the middle

G

Brad said:
trojanfan43 said:
Brad said:
trojanfan43 said:
Brad said:

I realize that. But my understanding is a rush linebacker is just a LB (usually a converted DE) who is more likely to blitz or add pressure like a D. Ware or people like that. For the Steeler, it would not really be a guy like Larry Foote since he is more in the middle

that's because Larry Foote is an inside linbacker ;) but like I said...."rush linebacker" isn't really a football term.....an outside linebacker is an outside linebacker....converting a DE to a "rush linbacker" and putting him outside of a DT but calling the DT a DE doesn't really change the fact that your "rush linebacker" is a DE that doesn't line up in a 3-point stance.

Members online

Latest posts