User Tag List

Thread: The Next Olympic Gold Medalist to fight in MMA Might Be...

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Next Olympic Gold Medalist to fight in MMA Might Be...

The pride of Maryvale, Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo may try his hand at MMA.

Tapped In caught up with Cejudo, who won the 121-pound freestyle wrestling gold at Beijing in August, at the EVO MMA event earlier this month.

TI: How long have you been an MMA fan?

Cejudo: "I've been an MMA fan for a while. I've been watching since I was 7th or 8th grade."

TI: What do you like about MMA?

Cejudo: "The excitement. The fighting. People striking each other. The takedowns. The submissions. Basically, the full package."

TI: Is MMA in your future?

Cejudo: "It's a thought, for sure. I wouldn't be watching it if I wasn't thinking about it. Yeah, for sure. I think MMA is, well, it is the fastest growing sport. Definitely. It all depends on what's given."

TI: What's next for you? Get ready for London?

Cejudo: "I'm just relaxing with friends. That's about it for right now. And yeah, get ready for London. Maybe MMA."

If Cejudo does go into MMA, he will have to gain about 5-15 pounds to compete in the bantamweight class, where New Mexico's Miguel Torres is the WEC champion.

...Sorry Kurt Angle fans ....it would be very interesting to see a Torres / Cejudo fight, and I would love to watch it as both are very exciting and Cejudo did a great job in Beijing

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Next Olympic Gold Medalist to fight in MMA Might Be...

Actually, a Japanese wrestler named Ishii who won the gold this year is also looking to make his mma debut soon. Probably New Years Eve.