Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TRANSACTIONS POLL! POSTING PRICES MANDATORY? UPDATE IN OP!!!

Yes or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Yes or no?

The "OR BEST OFFER" would still be allowed.

Example: Justin Upton Chrome AU $100 OBO.

UPDATE: Poll is closed
No change is going to be made in policy. However I think anyone who voted yes on this should start to implement this practice:
Begin the title of your thread with "PRICE POSTED" followed by whatever else.

Example:
PRICE POSTED Justin Upton 05 Bowman Chrome Auto RC

I'm also going to look into getting an icon for price posted transaction threads. I think that while we're not forcing anyone to do anything, this will help shoppers/traders who want to expedite their moves.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Re: TRANSACTIONS POLL! POSTING PRICES MANDATORY?

Guys, your opinion really counts, let us know why you are voting the way you are so we can see all sides of the debate and maybe have a rational conversation about the topic.

Thanks

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008

I'd like for people to post prices, but OBO is fine as well... I have no problem with negotiations, the only thing I hate is having to make an offer on someone else's card.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008

i voted yes. i have never gone in a store and there were no prices on the items for sale. if the price is too high you walk away or counter the price. a little research by seller would bring more dollars to the paypal account. if you know what you want for a card just say it. more times then not you will not get a steal or sv on here. too many knowledgeable users. stick a price on it and go from there

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

I voted "No" because individual's are normally too afraid or worried to try & counter a sell price & therefore many posting's will go unanswered (personally, I don't like having to throw out the first offer when I am a buyer because the seller doesn't put an asking price, but I'll do it regardless). Making something like this as "mandatory" yet having the option of BO dillutes the meaning of it anyhow. I'm just not a fan of "making" individual's set a price on thier item's (this isn't Ebay), if someone wants to throw up an item & take offer's on it without setting a SV then they should have the option & "Freedom" to do so! Just my opinion (if this were an auction board then I'd be all for it, but it isn't so let's keep it as laidback as possible shall we?). Later all & take care, Dave. :D

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

No matter what price you put on a card, automatically expect an offer of half of whatever you state. Even if the price of the card is very good.

A guy could say each card is a million dollars obo.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

justinmandawg said:
No matter what price you put on a card, automatically expect an offer of half of whatever you state. Even if the price of the card is very good.

A guy could say each card is a million dollars obo.

Yea, i just don't think anyone will post a realistic price. I think the way we have it works, but maybe ask people to post a price, not require it or anything.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008

I say no, unless the Price can be unreasonable with best offer. For example, $300 or best offer on a $20 card.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009

The Best offer is good, its just too bad people don't do it as much. I know that when you want an offer on something, it doesn't get as much attention with set fair prices. Hey, most guys are afraid of rejection. =)

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

most sellers will vote no, most buyers will vote yes

I would like to see a price, and if i dont see a price, I will ask. If a seller says they are taking offers, i don't bother. I am usually willing to pay a fair price, but just don't like to deal with sellers that won't say what they want. Usually when a seller won't say a price it is because they are hoping to get "better than a fair price"...IMHO

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

hofautos said:
most sellers will vote no, most buyers will vote yes

I would like to see a price, and if i dont see a price, I will ask. If a seller says they are taking offers, i don't bother. I am usually willing to pay a fair price, but just don't like to deal with sellers that won't say what they want. Usually when a seller won't say a price it is because they are hoping to get "better than a fair price"...IMHO

Whether I'm buying or selling I prefer not to have prices on the board. It's like the first time you see a chick naked.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

I think some of the folks that are against posting a price are simply hoping by not posting a price that someone will pay more than they expected and dont want to undercut themselves. I cant really think of one good reason you wouldnt simply post a price. Personally, I never make offers and pass over tons of stuff i'd probably be interested in if a set price was there.

Although I'll stick with whatever the majority decides.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

phillyfan0417 said:
I think some of the folks that are against posting a price are simply hoping by not posting a price that someone will pay more than they expected and dont want to undercut themselves. I cant really think of one good reason you wouldnt simply post a price. Personally, I never make offers and pass over tons of stuff i'd probably be interested in if a set price was there.

But if you require people to list a price what is to keep them from just listing $500 on cards that have a market value of under $100?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

But if you require people to list a price what is to keep them from just listing $500 on cards that have a market value of under $100?

Easy, you wont sell anything if you list moronic prices. I dont care what prices you put, you're the one who wont sell anything.

Not saying you personally, just in general...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

Easy, you wont sell anything if you list moronic prices. I dont care what prices you put, you're the one who wont sell anything.

Understood, but people can still submit offers. I will submit an offer on any card that I want regardless of what someone lists the price at, maybe im just in the minority here though. I don't mind, I usually will post approximately what Im looking for when im selling a specific few cards.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

Understood, but people can still submit offers. I will submit an offer on any card that I want regardless of what someone lists the price at, maybe im just in the minority here though. I don't mind, I usually will post approximately what Im looking for when im selling a specific few cards.

If you give a person a reasonable place to start, you will get much further than putting a 200 dollar price on a 50 dollar card, most people just close the thread and look for someone sane.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

If you give a person a reasonable place to start, you will get much further than putting a 200 dollar price on a 50 dollar card, most people just close the thread and look for someone sane.

Alright, im in the minority then, lol. If I want a card, it can't hurt me to offer.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:
mredsox89 said:
[quote="phillyfan0417":2lqca3su]I think some of the folks that are against posting a price are simply hoping by not posting a price that someone will pay more than they expected and dont want to undercut themselves. I cant really think of one good reason you wouldnt simply post a price. Personally, I never make offers and pass over tons of stuff i'd probably be interested in if a set price was there.

Alright, im in the minority then, lol. If I want a card, it can't hurt me to offer.[/quote:2lqca3su]

lol, not right now, its even steven. We are neither a minority or a majority...

:lol:

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

nothing would prevent it, but no one would bother dealing with it....

I say if you are out to make money, do it on ebay...if you are out for the hobbyist interest, sell at a fair price or even slightly lower to help your fellow fcb'er....

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

hofautos said:
mredsox89 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

nothing would prevent it, but no one would bother dealing with it....

I say if you are out to make money, do it on ebay...if you are out for the hobbyist interest, sell at a fair price or even slightly lower to help your fellow fcb'er....

Well I'm glad we don't have to do as you say! :lol: