Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now this is Funny.Kimbo on the Ultimate Fighter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
This would be funny. :D

Despite UFC President Dana White’s consistent publicly voiced disdain for EliteXC’s use of Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson as a marketable MMA commodity, White did recently offer Slice an opportunity to join the world’s leading MMA promotion.

With Slice out of a job after the recent collapse of EliteXC and parent company ProElite, White was asked about the possibility of bringing the former streetfighter into the UFC at the post-UFC 90 press conference.

“[Slice] can be on ‘The Ultimate Fighter,’” White said.

Despite the offer, White’s position on the skills of Slice have apparently not changed.

“What’s [Slice] done other than get 10 million hits on YouTube?,” White asked. “What’s he done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don’t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won’t win The Ultimate Fighter. The offer’s out there if he wants to take it, (but) he won’t win it.”

The prospect of Slice appearing on the Spike TV reality show still seems a bit far-fetched.

Little is known of the exact status of the contracts the now-defunct EliteXC held with its fighters. Slice and others may be tied up in court battles for the immediate future. The UFC would also almost certainly not be willing to match Slice’s $500,000 salary for his most recent fight.

But when asked if the UFC would be willing to feature a heavyweight edition of “The Ultimate Fighter” for the first time since the show’s second season, White certainly didn’t rule out the prospect.

“We might do that,” White said with a grin.

G

I just posted about this in the UFC 90 thread.

I'd kind of like to see that happen just to further prove what a joke the guy is.

Following UFC 90 this past weekend in Chicago, Dana White was questioned about his thoughts on some of the talent that will be left without jobs following the collapse of EliteXC and when the topic of Kimbo Slice came up, White offered the following:

“What has the guy done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don’t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won’t win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The offer is out there if he wants to take it and he won’t win it. I might [put a heavyweight show together just for him].”

Now although this is a nice gesture from the UFC President its most likely not going to happen. Slice has been spoiled with super high pay days from his time with EliteXC and may just be looking for his next big pay day instead of looking to step up his competition.

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
I read this the other day, it's hilarious. Even White doesn't think Kimbo would last. But I doubt Kimbo would take him up on the offer. Since Kimbo was making 500K a fight for EliteXC, he will only follow the money. I see Kimbo going to Japan.

Members online

Latest posts