Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stanley Cup Finals (PENS WIN 4-3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
when the Pens got Hossa at the trade deadline last season I was so happy and he did a great job here with the Pens but he should have never said he felt he had a better chance with Detroit. just sign the contract and move on. he says he doesn't regret leaving but I am sure he regrets saying that.

here are some quotes from him after the game...

"Regret? I don't regret it," Hossa said after a 2-1 loss to the Penguins in Game 7. "It could be different circumstances if I sign in Pittsburgh, they probably couldn't sign some other players and they'd be a different team.

"We could sit here for hours discussing this, but it would be a different team and it could be different things."

"Whether you like it or not, there's lots of pressure," said Hossa. "You learn when the pressure is on and you learn how to handle it. It's squeezing you. It's a pretty tough one, I tried to battle hard but I couldn't get anything done offensively."

I don't see him staying in Detroit because there will be a team that will offer him a bigger contract and he will take it (Edmonton).

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I believe I'll be trekking (only 2 hours) to Pittsburgh to see the parade. Something is seriously wrong with my computer (running virus scan now), so I can't view the majority of sites I try to open. Has a day/time been set for the parade yet? I know it's not even 12 hours after, but I didn't know if something was planned ahead of time just in case.

I just want to make sure I don't miss out on the info.

I think I'll even be in Pittsburgh tonight for a Pirates game since my buddy has an extra ticket. Since I'm a Chi-Sox fan, I'll be rooting extra hard for them to beat the Tigers.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
amazing CBC playoff montage...

[youtube:3dtxgsef]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5dl-NciZU[/youtube:3dtxgsef]

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats to all the Pens fans on the board (there are alot!).

TSN showed them flying in at 3:30 AM this morning. There were tons of fans waiting, cool to see!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Pens take the Stanley Cup out for a night in the South Side...

Fleury
picture6.png

Staal
picture10.png

Guerin
picture8.png

Godard Talbot Bylsma
picture11.png

the rest can be seen here

link

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
damn this makes me wish it was 1996 again when i was a freshman at the university of pittsburgh...lol

now if only the pirates...well...nevermind. :lol: go mccutchen!!

...and as for basketball at least "the fish that saved pittsburgh" will always be there...go pythons!!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Crosby, Staal and other Pens were at PNC Park today for the Pirates vs Tigers game. Bill Guerin threw out the first pitch.

teamcuppnc.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Thanks for posting all the Pics Dave, very cool!!

I found this one of Malkin, is that his GF or just some random chick?

wb3mkj.jpg

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Great year going for the city of Pittsburgh. Congrats to the Penguins and their fans. As a Wings fan, this one is going to sting for awhile.

Anyone else get a little sense of deja vu as to how the last minute or so played out in Game 7. It looked like Game 6 from last year with the teams reversed, right down to the last gasp shot saved by the goalie.

Alex

Members online

Latest posts