Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Still didn't get the mail I was hoping for, so I'll post a scan of something else that I used in a forum on another site: 1985 Rawlings Glove Tag

rawlingsf.jpg
rawlingsb.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
BunchOBull said:
Awesome tag! I can't believe "it" isn't there yet...man that sucks.

Yeah I'm going to wait til the mail comes tomorrow then email him. I sent payment on Sunday the 24th. So has been plenty of time to get it shipped. :evil:

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Nice oddball stuff guys, I don't do much with anything other than cards and have never been fortunate enough to meet Cal in person so kudos to you all who have.

I try to complete rainbows from time to time and recently put this one together.
scan050209.jpg

excel_b, I believe before they scrambled ebay I was aware of you knocking me off on a few Ripkens from time to time. You should really scan those for the rest of us to see :mrgreen:

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Jack Straw said:
Nice card Don, I like how SGC grades the oddball stuff like that that PSA would shoot down?

Yeah, I've really been thinking about sending all my future subs to SGC instead of PSA. We'll see. I'm going to be sending my 1990 Donruss Blue/White test into SGC soon, just to have it holdered. I think it will probably grade a 7 though. I am going to try and get the 93 Select Re-labeled with Proof or Promo instead of Blank Backed.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
tunahead said:
Jack Straw said:
Nice card Don, I like how SGC grades the oddball stuff like that that PSA would shoot down?

Yeah, I've really been thinking about sending all my future subs to SGC instead of PSA. We'll see. I'm going to be sending my 1990 Donruss Blue/White test into SGC soon, just to have it holdered. I think it will probably grade a 7 though. I am going to try and get the 93 Select Re-labeled with Proof or Promo instead of Blank Backed.

I have submitted many cards to them and they are a good company.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Hello everyone,

Found this forum today! Is this where the old Beckett folks came? How about a 1977 Cal Ripken Jr. high school yearbook? As featured in Beckett Elite...

6923_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg
6923a_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg
6923b_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg
6923c_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg
6923d_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg
6923e_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg
6923f_ripken_high_school_yearbook.jpg

I also have a 1980 WBTV Blue Cal Ripken Jr. (SGC 84) and 1956 San Antonio Missions Brooks Robinson game-worn cap (only minor league Brooks item known) if anyone wants to see??

Glad to be here!

James

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
tunahead said:
Awesome post Liberate! Would love to see the Ripken minor league card and the Robinson cap!

+1, what a sweet collectible! That's a true 1/1!!!

Welcome back home.

Also wanted to note I have a couple Ripken auctions ending tonight; nothing too huge, but it might help some of you Ripken guys fill a gap or two in your PC's!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts