Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Gorgeous card Al.
I lost out on a '82 Donruss Buyback Auto last night. :(
If you don't mind, could you PM what that ran ya?

Keep up the amazing collection!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
cbrandtw said:
Finding the black and white in a 9 is crazy (mine is an 8) but finding the blue in an 8 is even more amazing.

Did you see the PSA 10 of the black and white WTF? I wonder what the chances are of the PSA 10 and the BGS 9's being sheet cut...

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Ladies and gentlemen,
I have THE card in hand. I just picked it up from the P.O. I will post a picture when I get home this afternoon.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
cbrandtw said:
Ladies and gentlemen,
I have THE card in hand. I just picked it up from the P.O. I will post a picture when I get home this afternoon.

Tease, hurry up and post it! I leave for a weekend camping trip in an hour :)

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Well here it is.....

1v-1.jpg

and the back

1w-1.jpg

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Scored a nice Goudey Rip tonight, but lost out on the other I was bidding on. Oh well, it's a good start.

I did however notice that this card wasn't listed in Beckett... is it a SP or something? It was listed as a 2007.. is it not a 2007 or am I just missing something?

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
For the longest time, my best ripken was a base card:

DSC00581.jpg

Got this one at a shop for a buck a couple years back:

scan.jpg

These are pretty cool:
scan0013.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

This one's amazing in person. I'll probably ebay it as it has a crack where the die cut is sharp, which seems to be common with these:
IMG_0165.jpg

This one I want to sell:
IMG_0061.jpg

I loved pinnacle mint as a kid but never pulled anything good out of it. This is one of my favorites as it really "glows":
IMG_0174.jpg

"FINE SILVER":
IMG_0175.jpg

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Of course it comes as no shock that I am a fan of the minor league stuff. It's been awhile since I've posted online so I may or may not have shown this off. After finishing a big year at Miami in 1979 Cal joined the Charlotte O's for a few games. I own another Charlotte O's pennant in less than good condition with no date. This one has a small bend or two but I was thrilled to get it. Not sure what will become of it:

1979Charlottepennant.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
theses are up for grabs, (some uv coating issues)

anyone interested feel free to email me a offer
callib.jpg

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Yogi 10 rings Berra said:
i'd like to know what everyone thinks of this autograph..i got it for $12 bucks or so on ebay a few years ago..i'd like to know what a ripken auto nuts thinks about it.. good or bad ?

3681132380_ea52a32621.jpg

Looks good, did it come with the little CoA card?

Members online