Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Is the Ripken much more rare than others or just more sought after because it's Ripken?

I don’t think it is just one of those oddball cards that don’t pop up often. I had been looking for years for the 1998 Fruit Roll Up Jeter they were not rare my guess is that they were thrown away for the most part on both cards. I wouldn’t consider because only 4 have been graded as that making it rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Stupid question - how about an entire uncut box ?? Showed off my Boggs in my Red Sox 365 day post but I also have numerous other full milk carton boxes including Ripken buried in storage

Any idea what the last Ripken full carton one sold for ??

attachment.php

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I agree with you there Chris. I have 100 of these 1of1's and ZERO Diffractors. and FYI this things are NOT really 1of1's.. tThe way I understand it, they made 2632 1of1's divided into 100 in a set. There could be as much as 26 or 27 on some. It was hard to put together this set but obviously not as hard if it was REAL 1of1's...

Tibor

Sep 16, 2015
I collected Ripken thru 2001. Gave up after all of the 1/1 and so forth. My budget is not there.
I have about 800 different. So who here are the Super Collectors for Jr. Post your numbers, cards
only. Mags, cups, glasses etc. not counted. Just cards.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
I collected Ripken thru 2001. Gave up after all of the 1/1 and so forth. My budget is not there.
I have about 800 different. So who here are the Super Collectors for Jr. Post your numbers, cards
only. Mags, cups, glasses etc. not counted. Just cards.

Numbers or quality wise, Bigalbert's PC will put mine to shame. I am sitting on 8K plus 600+ different certified autographs all scanned, front and back. 90% of them in penny sleeves and top loaders... There's about 12-15 of us Ripken NUTS on facebook and mine would probably ranked 8 or 10... Those guys are nuttier than I am when it comes to Cal's cards....

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
You have all 100 1/1 from this set? Fake news I say, fake news. Deep fakes.

Just kidding. I can't imagine how the hell you managed to do it, but nice work. The fact that all 100 1/1's have even surfaced, let alone ended up in one collection, is mind blowing.

They are not TRUE 1/1's

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
You have all 100 1/1 from this set? Fake news I say, fake news. Deep fakes.

Just kidding. I can't imagine how the hell you managed to do it, but nice work. The fact that all 100 1/1's have even surfaced, let alone ended up in one collection, is mind blowing.

Yeah.. Like Nosterbor said. I don't know what the breakdown was but Upper Deck made 2632 of these 1of1's divided into 100 in the set. If they did it evenly, there should be at least 26 of each and some with 27. ONLY difference are the GAME NUMBERS (#1 - #2632) in the little window in front...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts