Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
To date, 587 different cards added to my PC. Here are the highlights in no particular order...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

letsgoorioles

May 5, 2020
Greetings, first time poster, long time collector so please be nice. I just wanted to discuss a little known Ripken error card from the 1988 Classic Card Co. travel update red set. They misspelled his name "Ripkin" which was corrected very early on. Similar to the 1990 Fleer error card #624, they misspelled his name the same way.
There isn't too much discussion on-line about it, here is a link to a Baltimore Sun article from 1994.

They list the top 10 rarest cards. Numbers 1 and 2 are obvious, the Orange and Blue Charlotte minor league issues. Number 3 is this card. Has anyone else seen one before? I am fortunate to have it!ripkenclassic1.jpg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Greetings, first time poster, long time collector so please be nice. I just wanted to discuss a little known Ripken error card from the 1988 Classic Card Co. travel update red set. They misspelled his name "Ripkin" which was corrected very early on. Similar to the 1990 Fleer error card #624, they misspelled his name the same way.
There isn't too much discussion on-line about it, here is a link to a Baltimore Sun article from 1994.

They list the top 10 rarest cards. Numbers 1 and 2 are obvious, the Orange and Blue Charlotte minor league issues. Number 3 is this card. Has anyone else seen one before? I am fortunate to have it!View attachment 113074
I didn’t even know that existed. Need to check my Ripken binder tomorrow!

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California

They list the top 10 rarest cards. Numbers 1 and 2 are obvious, the Orange and Blue Charlotte minor league issues. Number 3 is this card. Has anyone else seen one before? I am fortunate to have it!View attachment 113074
I can't say I've seen one until you showed it. Nice card. I doubt one will show up for sale anytime soon, haha...

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX

They list the top 10 rarest cards. Numbers 1 and 2 are obvious, the Orange and Blue Charlotte minor league issues. Number 3 is this card. Has anyone else seen one before? I am fortunate to have it!

That's awesome! Did not know that existed! Been collecting Cal for 30 years and still finding new stuff!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX

They list the top 10 rarest cards. Numbers 1 and 2 are obvious, the Orange and Blue Charlotte minor league issues. Number 3 is this card. Has anyone else seen one before? I am fortunate to have it!

@letsgoorioles So where did you find the one you have? How long have you had it?

letsgoorioles

May 5, 2020
Hi, thanks for the responses. I got this about 6 years ago online. My best advice is to keep checking for any listings of the corrected cards. Since the error is not well known, sellers may not even know to look for it. Even still, it took me a while to find one.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012

Nice Find. Very rare I only know of two other examples of this card.

Members online