Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
This is a really fun thread....plenty of awesome Ripken cards to look at. Too bad quite a few old posts have broken/missing pics.

Were there ever any dual auto cards for Jr and Sr?

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
FrostyCollects said:
This is a really fun thread....plenty of awesome Ripken cards to look at. Too bad quite a few old posts have broken/missing pics.

Were there ever any dual auto cards for Jr and Sr?
There are no pack certified dual autos of jr and sr. There are a few handsigned fleer cards that have sold over the years of cal jr, bill, and cal sr that were signed by all three.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Sales value of a 2000 Bowman Chrome Retro refractor of Ripken? I saw a Jeter that sold for $150. Would Ripken be in that ballpark?

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
bigalbert said:
Just got this one, it is my nicest jumbo patch of all the Ripkens I have-
scan020112.jpg

:drool

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Ha...I used to have a complete set of those Kitty Clover discs. I used to collect pre-90s collectible food-related discs/coins. Used to have several sealed examples of 1960s Bullwinkle & Rocky coins from Old London and stuff like that. Sold an entire collection to another collector years ago. Seeing that makes me kind of want to get the Trammell one again...

Good score!

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I bought this Ripken awhile back and it is the only example I have ever seen. Has anyone else ever run accross a copy of this card? I think its somewhat rare.
AL
scan021215.jpg

/10

Aug 1, 2011
Has anyone picked up any of those very nice Ripken Museum Metal autographs?

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
jonebone said:
I don't really collect cards anymore but still have a few saved searches. Saw this pop up, WTBV Blue Border PSA 8:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Looks fake though? I have a PSA 6 and my O's logo is clear orange while this is almost red. Disappointing to see PSA slabbing fakes, what's the collector consensus opinion here?

The card appears to be fake to me as well. According to what I have read from ripkenintheminors, the top white line should have a wrinkle in it. It should not be a perfect straight line. This one appears to have this perfect line.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
cbrandtw said:
jonebone said:
I don't really collect cards anymore but still have a few saved searches. Saw this pop up, WTBV Blue Border PSA 8:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Looks fake though? I have a PSA 6 and my O's logo is clear orange while this is almost red. Disappointing to see PSA slabbing fakes, what's the collector consensus opinion here?

The card appears to be fake to me as well. According to what I have read from ripkenintheminors, the top white line should have a wrinkle in it. It should not be a perfect straight line. This one appears to have this perfect line.

Looks off to me as well. The "O", the white top border, plus the letters font on his name and position. I actually posted about it on the PSA forums before I posted over here. Had a side by side shot on there with a legit one and they are definitely off.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Not a good situation about the Ripken WBTV. It appears a TCMA was graded at the same time. Would be bad news if counterfeit WBTV AND TCMA cards found their way in PSA holders. The only good news is that PSA will buy back counterfeits in their slabs as long as the slab has not been tampered with.

Members online

Latest posts