Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Tony Gwynn Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I love this new addition so much I can barely put it into words!

05UltimateCollectionDerekJeter-TonyGwynnDualAuto.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Oh man! Awesome card, no doubt. For being 250 of those, they sure haven't come down in price!!!!! Great card of two great players, reminding me of a great World Series!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
A couple things...
1. Last month I see a guy that's giving away a lot of 250 Gwynn cards on Blow out forum. I know I have many of the cheap base cards, but I did miss the whole 1999-2002 time frame, virtually adding nothing in those years. I am hoping to at least score a couple from that time. By the time I see it, though, it has been "TTT" quite a few times and days old. I immediately sign up, but can't post until I am confirmed by a mod. So I wait. and wait. and wait. Three days later I contact FCB All-Star Roy Birchler and ask him to contact the other guy for me because, well, he can. and he does. I ended up buying 6 Gwynn jersey cards from the guy (super nice guy!) and he sends me the free Gwynn lot, too.
I was surprised to find 30 new Gwynn cards!! I just can't get over the fact that I can get that many new cards at once!
Nothing huge, but it's those $2 or $3 cards that I hate to buy because they end up being $5 or $6 with shipping.
So, nothing to post, really, but I was pretty excited about that! Glad there is no Gwynn collectors on that other forum!

2. But I will post another new pickup:
ultm.jpg

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Got these over the last couple days and they're gonna be my last for a while. Operation: Save For Wedding officially started yesterday with a deposit on the banquet hall. Enjoy!

04LeafLimitedMonikersTonyGwynnGUAuto.jpg

04DonrussLimitedCutsTonyGwynnAutoedPatch.jpg

09ToppsTripleThreadsTonyGwynnPatchAuto.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
xcantgobackx said:
Got these over the last couple days and they're gonna be my last for a while. Operation: Save For Wedding officially started yesterday with a deposit on the banquet hall. Enjoy!

:lol: :lol: I have been there, and done that! Congrats on the new path in life! Luckily it sounds like you just have to stop for a while, compared to having to sell off!! ;)

Those are more sweet Gwynns! I love the colors on the Triple Threads!

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Gwynn545 said:
xcantgobackx said:

:lol: :lol: I have been there, and done that! Congrats on the new path in life! Luckily it sounds like you just have to stop for a while, compared to having to sell off!! ;)

Those are more sweet Gwynns! I love the colors on the Triple Threads!

Thanks brother! Yeah, that's a really nice piece! Hopefully I won't have to sell things off. Just gonna try to pick up some hours at the 2nd job.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hopefully you can see this completed auction:
[ebay:3i5xiqz3]190597608291[/ebay:3i5xiqz3]

The ball is in great shape, and the rookie may be one of the best condition Topps rookies I have (out of 120!)
rook.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Heroes and Prospects Baseball Redemption
Collectors breaking boxes of Heroes and Prospects Baseball Series One and Series Two Low Numbers will be able to redeem those boxes for authentic game-used memorabilia cards made exclusively for the 32nd National. Each card will be limited to 20.

natty.jpg

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Been trying to pick up some more Gwynn stuff so was happy when this came in the mail today.

sc0161b6a0.jpg

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Gwynn545 said:
padremurph said:
Been trying to pick up some more Gwynn stuff so was happy when this came in the mail today.

sc0161b6a0.jpg

Nice card! You got a pretty good price, too!

Thanks. I figured it was going to go higher but was very happy with the ending price. Now I just need to knock of more on my Gwynn list.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Anyone have extras of the 2007 Upper Deck Gwynn / Ripken Road to the Hall inserts? I still need 21, and I have 7 doubles to trade possibly?
Need: 2,6,16,17,18,22,23,26,27,28,29,30,33,38,39,41,43,46,47,49,50

Members online

Latest posts