Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official Dallas Cowboys Chat Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboysfreak

Aug 11, 2008
gt2590 said:
I've always a big BJ fan. :lol:

Even had him on my fantasy teams a couple of times back in the day. But...

He single-handedly cost us 2 games and would've have probably won 1 of the other 2. That Rams game was just HORRIBLE! IMO, that was the worst loss of year, even worse than Steelers, Ravens or road Iggles game. I'm still mad thinking about it. The Pokes definitely under-achieved, had some poorly-timed injuries, but with 2 (or 3) more wins, and they were close to them, this whole discussion is moot. I'm cautiously optimistic for 2009.

I've been a Cowboy fan for over thirty years,and that was the absolute worse loss I have ever witnessed.Not that the Rams are pathetic,they do have a young talented team,but Dallas should have beat them by 17+
I do have high hopes from them this year (but I have high hopes every year) especially since the Super Bowl hype is no where near what it was at this time last year.The entire NFC East will be even tougher than in years past.Injuries will be a huge factor this year.....mark it down. I like Romo to get the proverbial monkey off his back,and win that elusive first playoff game.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Jesse Holley was won the biggest marketing gimmick in the NFL today - he won a reality show and a spot on the Dallas Cowboys roster. He's a wide receiver, and I'm sure he can't be more of a disappointment than Stanback has, so I'll give him a chance to prove himself before I cut him down.

Some might think that this is just a way for Jerry to make money and gain publicity, and hey, it very well may be. On the other hand, this could be golden. There's so much talent out there that gets passed up or misses the chance to take their game to the next level. We could be looking at a success story no different than in the pas when there were walk on tryouts.

If American Idol can run the same concept of a reality show and breed music superstars, then in theory, the Cowboys can breed a star player. If Michael Irvin believes in the guy, then he deserves a change. Key word is chance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... ref=sircrc

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Here the local paper's take on the D-Backs, which I think could be a cause for alarm alot this year, especially if Newman struggles with his comeback.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archi ... nerba.html

I really liked Jenkins when they drafted him, and hopefully his struggles were rookie woes and 'cuz he wasn't the hardest-working guy in the world last year.

Hopefully these guys step up since the front 7 can definitely get to the QB if there aren't WRs running wide open, especially in the middle of the field. (Santana Moss comes to mind)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Another little blow to our receiving corp - Roy Williams is day to day with a wrist injury.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?i ... nfirm=true

SAN ANTONIO -- Dallas Cowboys receiver Roy Williams missed the team's second practice Sunday because of a sprained left wrist sustained when he came down hard earlier in the day.

The Cowboys said X-rays were negative and that Williams, expected to be the team's No. 1 receiver after the departure of Terrell Owens, is day-to-day. The Cowboys have one practice session Monday.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Williams got hurt during the morning practice, and that the concern was that the wrist was still so sore when he returned for the afternoon session. That is when the Cowboys sent Williams for tests.

When Jones cut Owens last spring, the path was cleared for Williams to become quarterback Tony Romo's top target.

"I'm particularly pleased with how focused Roy is, and how conditioned he is," Jones said. "He's having a good camp."

Williams arrived from winless Detroit in mid-October and got a $45 million, five-year contract extension right after Romo sustained a broken pinkie on his throwing hand and missed three games. Williams was then bothered by a foot problem later in the season, plus T.O. was still there.

Williams and Romo started working together several weeks before summer practices, then had OTAs and a mandatory minicamp. And they have been coming together during training camp.

Romo said he wasn't concerned that the injury would stunt their progress.

"Nah, that's part of training camp, little nicks here and there," Romo said. "He's worked his butt off. If anything, it will help him have fresh legs."

Williams caught only 16 passes for 160 yards and no touchdowns in seven games with Romo last season. The lone touchdown pass Williams caught for Dallas was thrown by Brad Johnson during his first two games, when Romo was injured.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
gt2590 said:
Hey magnet,

Looks like your boy Holley still has a shot. Here's the early Practice Squad list...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... tice-squad

Finally almost kickoff!
I saw that. I'm happy that he's at least there, but really think he should have made the team.

I've said it in about 40 posts the past 24 hours, but "We don't keep Holley on the active 53, but we keep Bobby Carpenter!?"

Can't wait for kickoff!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
You really gotta let this Bobby Carpenter thing go... :lol:

If it helps, the other players love him and he's seems to be great in the locker room and community. Also, Coach Wade really trusts him to help "run" the team, especially the scout teams and after practice, like a 2nd Defensive coach.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
gt2590 said:
You really gotta let this Bobby Carpenter thing go... :lol:

If it helps, the other players love him and he's seems to be great in the locker room and community. Also, Coach Wade really trusts him to help "run" the team, especially the scout teams and after practice, like a 2nd Defensive coach.
Then get him off the playing team and give him a staff job! :lol:

I'm one of those people who always need something to complain about. When I find it, I go all out. :cool:

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
IM TAKEING THIS THREAD OVER :lol: :lol:
romo1.jpg

il_430xN.52149560.jpg

6733_1104780706696_1442123375_30294803_2854290_n.jpg

5496_1205620055907_1090819659_30655333_4074430_n.jpg

5220_1082574152837_1480858254_30218566_1735091_n.jpg

n1228161465_30263523_8648.jpg

n1228161465_30263515_5293.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Ok Dalton, some of that was funny.

I also find it funny that the Cowboys probably have more wins the past few seasons that the 49ers QBs have touchdowns.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Card Magnet said:

I also find it funny that the Cowboys probably have more wins the past few seasons that the 49ers QBs have touchdowns.

Hey hey that was un called for but if you want to say that

atleast we have won a playoff game sense 1996 :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Daltonb1219 said:
Card Magnet said:

How many have you made since 02? Oh, crap.

How about winning season. Oh, crap.

.500 seasons!? :? Crap.

I give up. You find a bright spot in the past 6 years :lol:

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Card Magnet said:
Daltonb1219 said:
[quote="Card Magnet":axbr22oc]Ok Dalton, some of that was funny.

How many have you made since 02? Oh, crap.

How about winning season. Oh, crap.

.500 seasons!? :? Crap.

I give up. You find a bright spot in the past 6 years :lol:[/quote:axbr22oc]

eff you Brennan! lol good movie

well Patrick Willis is a bright spot because he is the best inside linebacker in the NFL right now
Showing the NFL that Alex Smith is garbage that helps alot

but to be honest id much rather not make the play offs them be projected to make the superbowl an then choke in the 1st game yall play

Hey hey hey GT Northern iowa is a great team they can beat alot of D1 schools i see them winning the D2 Nat champ this year they should of made it last year but there team shut down in the last 2 minutes

Members online

Latest posts