User Tag List

Thread: BGS labeled the card wrong...What can I do?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BGS labeled the card wrong...What can I do?

As the title says BGS labeled one of the cards I sent in wrong.

I sent in a 1998 Sports Illustrated First Edition (1/1) and they labeled it as a 1998 Sports Illustrated Extra Edition which is actually numbered out of 500. I clearly wrote on the submission form that it is the first edition and nowhere did I write extra. Is there anything I can do without having to repay to have it re-encapsulated?

Thanks
    -Eric
    Downsizing my AJ collection. If you are looking for a specific card (non-multi player), PM me, I may have it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: BGS labeled the card wrong...What can I do?

I looked at the situation and tried to find something to help you, and the only email address i could find that directly leads to grading is askbgs@beckett.com
    Hope this info helps,

Anthony
    -Anthony
    Thank you all, and special thanks the MT and others for putting together the hospital care package, you guys are incredible.
    http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w273/aminors/
    http://shop.ebay.com/eyeofthetiger2011/m.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can call/e-mail and let them know, they will more than likely fix it for free.
    David Wright Collector

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help, I sent them an E-mail asking them about it and still haven't heard back.
    Downsizing my AJ collection. If you are looking for a specific card (non-multi player), PM me, I may have it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fandruw25
    Thanks for the help, I sent them an E-mail asking them about it and still haven't heard back.
    triple up on your emails for record purposes. I would send them to askbgs@beckett.com, grading@beckett.com, and yourself. Include the order number and the problem and that gives you the paper trail to have them take care of it.

I currently have an issue with a card they not only label it wrong, but they themselves do not even have a record of that card being from the set they keep labeling it from. I should know that notes included in with your orders do not get through to them, as that has been known since they started grading and I have tried in the past to communicate things to them through the submissions with no success.

If you do not hear from them by the middle of the week, let me know and I will give you a direct email of some one in the grading department.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well after a few days I can't get through to them, can you please give me the E-mail of someone in the grading dept or possibly give them my E-mail?

Thanks

autocut
     autobilia
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try registry@beckett.com. They may can lead you in the right direction. I have that same problem.

As you can see it says 2001 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game Phil Rizzuto Bat when it should say Autograph/Bat which is a different set.
    Quote Originally Posted by IUjapander
    Teaching your kids the value of cards is an important lesson.
    -------------------------------------------
    Looking for any Fred Williamson cards #'d /10 or less.

-------------

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by autocut
    Try registry@beckett.com. They may can lead you in the right direction. I have that same problem.

As you can see it says 2001 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game Phil Rizzuto Bat when it should say Autograph/Bat which is a different set.

I actually got the card fixed. I sent it back with my original receipt and a note stating that it was labeled wrong and what it should be. It was a 2-day turn-around and they shipped it back through fed-ex.

Hopefully it works out for you.