User Tag List

Thread: Question about In The Game hockey stuff

rudzud
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about In The Game hockey stuff

Would this be the equivalent to SportsKings or MLB Donruss issues....as in..items that are not certified by the NHL?

Friend of mine has seen sick vintage memorabilia from this stuff and is loking to buy a box or three...

In need of: 2002 Topps American Pie Entertainment Buybacks Raiders of the Lost Ark
    My year and a half long senior project, beta edition:Wachusett Reservoir Dynamic Digital Map

The World Baseball Classic: Bringing Red Sox and Yankee fans together since 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question about In The Game hockey stuff

ITG no longer has an licence with the NHL. They gave UD the exclusive contract. They still make product but they are struggling. Ultimate Memorabilia 8th Ed. is comming out soon.
    http://www.itgtradingcards.com/produ..._um8_info.html
    This is a recent interview with Dr. Price the owner of ITG. Talks a little bit about losing the licence.
    http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/2133...-the-hobby.htm

This is some post NHL licence stuff.

Paul

rudzud
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're struggling? You'd think their product would be dirt cheap then? I was looking at that 8th edition...$600!

In need of: 2002 Topps American Pie Entertainment Buybacks Raiders of the Lost Ark
    My year and a half long senior project, beta edition:Wachusett Reservoir Dynamic Digital Map

The World Baseball Classic: Bringing Red Sox and Yankee fans together since 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember though Rud, ITG is from up here and the only thing from Canada you like is RUSH....Great company but re-sell can be shifty...Just like Donruss ,some people just won't buy it no matter how nice because of the no license...Great company for collectors,not for flippers or sellers.

rudzud
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic
    Remember though Rud, ITG is from up here and the only thing from Canada you like is RUSH....Great company but re-sell can be shifty...Just like Donruss ,some people just won't buy it no matter how nice because of the no license...Great company for collectors,not for flippers or sellers.
    It would be from a collector's standpoint.

And I dont do hockey, I'm questioning here on behalf of a friend...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with ITG is they are also collectors and they "get" collectors. If your friend is looking to rip boxes to keep what he pulls then I would recommend any ITG product. Their vintage is second to none. But as has been mentioned if you are looking to sell and make money, less likely to happen as they are not licensed.

Baseball Needs: Larry Walker - Looking for autos, Patches and Rare cards.

Looking for Canadians playing/played in the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, LPGA, really anything Canadian.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jarcar pretty much nailed it. ITG really does a good job with their product and how they focus on collectors. Resale values are not that strong but then again, they really never have been. Some stuff of course, but a majority of the time no.