Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about In The Game hockey stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Would this be the equivalent to SportsKings or MLB Donruss issues....as in..items that are not certified by the NHL?

Friend of mine has seen sick vintage memorabilia from this stuff and is loking to buy a box or three...

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
ITG no longer has an licence with the NHL. They gave UD the exclusive contract. They still make product but they are struggling. Ultimate Memorabilia 8th Ed. is comming out soon.
http://www.itgtradingcards.com/products/0708_um8/0708_um8_info.html
This is a recent interview with Dr. Price the owner of ITG. Talks a little bit about losing the licence.
http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/21337264/11-1-the-hobby.htm

This is some post NHL licence stuff.
housely-1.jpg

autos028.jpg

autos023.jpg

autos020.jpg

autos007.jpg

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
They're struggling? You'd think their product would be dirt cheap then? I was looking at that 8th edition...$600!

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Remember though Rud, ITG is from up here and the only thing from Canada you like is RUSH....Great company but re-sell can be shifty...Just like Donruss ,some people just won't buy it no matter how nice because of the no license...Great company for collectors,not for flippers or sellers.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Autismic said:
Remember though Rud, ITG is from up here and the only thing from Canada you like is RUSH....Great company but re-sell can be shifty...Just like Donruss ,some people just won't buy it no matter how nice because of the no license...Great company for collectors,not for flippers or sellers.

It would be from a collector's standpoint.

And I dont do hockey, I'm questioning here on behalf of a friend...:lol:

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
The thing with ITG is they are also collectors and they "get" collectors. If your friend is looking to rip boxes to keep what he pulls then I would recommend any ITG product. Their vintage is second to none. But as has been mentioned if you are looking to sell and make money, less likely to happen as they are not licensed.

chljoe

Sep 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jarcar pretty much nailed it. ITG really does a good job with their product and how they focus on collectors. Resale values are not that strong but then again, they really never have been. Some stuff of course, but a majority of the time no.

Members online

Latest posts