Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
LaneyB said:
Whats going on everyone? I've been away for almost two weeks with very little internet access. I've picked up a few random cards, including one I've been wanting since Roy picked it up (thanks again for the heads up). As soon as that arrives I'll post a scan. I saw this the other week and had never seen one before so I picked it up. Does anyone have any print run info?

1997-Ultra-PlatinumMedallion.jpg

If I'm not mistaken the Platinum cards print run was 100 ( it might be 99 but I think it was 100 of each) hope that helps.

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
OK,
I love the buy backs too
I think I'll only buy them after Magic Papa says the card is "ok"
Or maybe I'll just post the ones I'm thinking of buying and let the bunch of you give feedback.
I will put my buy backs up (all of them as a group) in next couple of weeks and let you all look them over.
S

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Nice pick up Bruce. Another sweet card for your collection.

Nice addition Roy. Nice subtraction too. :D Those are very nice cards.

Magic- There's a lot of nice red inks there for sure!

Joe

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
thank me too for not hitting the BIN :cry:

as ive said im not into duels, GREAT PICK UP!!

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bruce, wonderful card, wonderful price.
Does anyone know the seller?
I'm just curious to know if the market is falling apart or if the seller is unaware the last 2 on ebay sold for near $900.
Steve B

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
One other thing-

Any speculation on Griffey for next year?
When he was with the Reds, he said he wanted to sign another 4 year contract before retiring (I'd hope as a DH in the American League). Now I haven't heard anything since the trade to Chi.
Anyone with any educated guesses on whether Griffey could get 700 home runs while we collectors have him as our "man"?
Steve B

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
brinn1 said:
Bruce, wonderful card, wonderful price.
Does anyone know the seller?
I'm just curious to know if the market is falling apart or if the seller is unaware the last 2 on ebay sold for near $900.
Steve B

The seller has only sold racing cards in the past. Probably not aware of past sales and they are to old to search.

Roy

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Roy,
Again you got a very wonderful card, the only dual I know of with Griffey and A-rod (any of you can correct me on that).
I'm deffinitely listing him as a favorite seller, maybe my favoritest seller.
We can just sit back and wait for the next Griffey card.
Go NASCAR!

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
brinn1 said:
One other thing-

Any speculation on Griffey for next year?
When he was with the Reds, he said he wanted to sign another 4 year contract before retiring (I'd hope as a DH in the American League). Now I haven't heard anything since the trade to Chi.
Anyone with any educated guesses on whether Griffey could get 700 home runs while we collectors have him as our "man"?
Steve B

I think that he wants to keep playing, but not sure who would sign him. It would need to be a AL team as a DH. He might be able to reach 700 in 4 years in a HR park, Texas would be nice. The warm weather and the HR friendly park might be good for him.

Roy

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
brinn1 said:
Roy,
Again you got a very wonderful card, the only dual I know of with Griffey and A-rod (any of you can correct me on that).
Go NASCAR!

Griffey and Arod have another dual auto, quite nice but I forgot the past sale prices. Atleast two of these have sold in the last few months.

Bruce

Griffey-ArodDualAutoBat.jpg

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bruce,
you HAD to do that!
Now I have to find that card- any help from anyone would be most appreciated.
I have the same card with Sosa and Griffey Signed by each, don't remember if it was numbered.
I'll be up tonite thinking of that 2nd Arod- Griffey Card.
Got to go take a few ******

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
LaneyB said:
brinn1 said:
Roy,
Go NASCAR!

Griffey and Arod have another dual auto, quite nice but I forgot the past sale prices. Atleast two of these have sold in the last few months.

Bruce

Griffey-ArodDualAutoBat.jpg

I was outbid on that the winner got it for about $850. I thought it was brinn1 that won it.

Members online