Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I never knew that either. Way to go Magic. I have always meant to pick up a Game Face auto, but I never have. I am going to have to cross that off the list next year.

I had a nice mailday today. I posted several over in the 90s thread. I'll post them after this post. I don't want to post too many cards at once and have a gigantic post. :lol:

2000 Aurora Star Factor
2000AuroraStarFactor.jpg

2000 Bowman Chrome Teen Idols Refractor
2000BowmanChromeTeenIdolsRefractor.jpg

2000 Topps Chrome All Star Rookie Team
2000ToppsChromeAllStarRookieTeamRef.jpg

2000 Vanguard High Voltage Red /299
2000VanguardHighVoltageRed.jpg

2005 Timeless Treasures Bronze /100
2005TimelessTreasuresBronze.jpg

2002 Upper Deck People's Choice Jersey
2002UDPeoplesChoiceJersey.jpg

Joe

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Here go the 90s ones. I actually got the 5 Star Bonus yesterday. I picked it up from KLARNOLD. I already had one, but they look so nice I figured 2 couldn't hurt. :D

1993 Donruss Elite Dominators /5000
1993DonrussEliteDominator.jpg

1997 Bowman's Best International Atomic Refractor
1997BowmansBestInternationalAtomicR.jpg

1997 Bowman's Best Preview Refractor
1997BowmansBestPreviewRefractor.jpg

1997 Leaf Gold Stars
1997LeafGoldStars.jpg

1997 Stadium Club Pure Gold
1997StadiumClubPureGold.jpg

1998 Select 5 Star Bonus /50
1998Select5StarBonus2.jpg

1999 Bowman's Best Franchise Best /1000
1999BowmansBestFranchiseBest.jpg

1999 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cut
1999PacificGoldCrownDieCut.jpg

1999 Upper Deck Encore
1999UpperDeckEncore.jpg

Then this was from the mystery Santa yesterday. There were a lot of other great cards, but I've been wanting one of these and now I have one.

1997 SP Game Film /500
1997SPGameFilm.jpg

Sorry for all of the scans guys. I guess I didn't realize how many cards there were.

Joe

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Have a question/favor to ask you guys. Would any of you be so kind as to sell me a Griffey '89 UD for a decent price? I figure some of you probally have several of them like I do w/ the Thomas '90 Leaf. I've been wanting to add one to the PC since I was a kid. Not looking for a 9.5 or anything, but would like to get a decent copy. I could add a Thomas '90 Leaf on my part to help offset the cost.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Cobra29svt said:
Have a question/favor to ask you guys. Would any of you be so kind as to sell me a Griffey '89 UD for a decent price? I figure some of you probally have several of them like I do w/ the Thomas '90 Leaf. I've been wanting to add one to the PC since I was a kid. Not looking for a 9.5 or anything, but would like to get a decent copy. I could add a Thomas '90 Leaf on my part to help offset the cost.

I have a BGS 8 you can have if you want it. Shoot me your address and I'll try to get it out in the mail this weekend.

Joe

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
muskiesfan said:
Cobra29svt said:

I have a BGS 8 you can have if you want it. Shoot me your address and I'll try to get it out in the mail this weekend.

Joe

Thanks Joe, but I'm not looking for a freebie. Would you like a '90 Thomas Leaf in exchange?

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Cobra29svt said:
muskiesfan said:
Cobra29svt said:

Joe

Thanks Joe, but I'm not looking for a freebie. Would you like a '90 Thomas Leaf in exchange?

It's really no big deal. I have about 10 BGS 89 UDs. If you really would rather trade, I have always been interested in the 93 Leaf Frank cards. The ones that say like "Aggression", "Motivation", etc.

Joe

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Cobra29svt said:
Are you the one I pulled those out for? Someone asked me about them awhile back and I've had them sitting on my desk ever since.

I know I mentioned them before. :lol: It probably was me. I'm not sure on the bv of those, but if you're okay with it do you want to do those for the Griffey?

Joe

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
muskiesfan said:
Cobra29svt said:
Are you the one I pulled those out for? Someone asked me about them awhile back and I've had them sitting on my desk ever since.

I know I mentioned them before. :lol: It probably was me. I'm not sure on the bv of those, but if you're okay with it do you want to do those for the Griffey?

Joe

Yeah, works for me. I think they're $3/each if that works for you.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Thanks Roy! From what i remember, the regulars go for 100+, correct? Have i seen the golds go 2x higher than this before as well? If not, i think it's still a great BIN price, at least 100 under SV

edit: too bad the live.com wasnt higher than 15%....but 15 is better than 0!!

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
jpcz said:
Thanks Roy! From what i remember, the regulars go for 100+, correct? Have i seen the golds go 2x higher than this before as well? If not, i think it's still a great BIN price, at least 100 under SV

edit: too bad the live.com wasnt higher than 15%....but 15 is better than 0!!

Glad that you picked it up. That was a great price. If I remember right the last couple on Ebay have gone for over $300.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Wow, nice card John. Roy, glad it made it to you safely. I had two cards come in today, glad to have knocked the auto off the list - with the live discount and money from the ebay bucks, I paid a little bit less than 100 for it. This is the one that says "crash numbered" on the back too.
1998-Ex2001-EssCredential.jpg

2000-UD-JerseyAutoNum.jpg

Members online

Latest posts