User Tag List

Page 520 of 561 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8404

Thread: Griffey Collector's Thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you are right, it is mainly focusing on high end cards, where the fakes and fraud generally take place. No one is going to care about 1994 Fleer Ultra cards, but Gem Masters, PMGs, E-X Credentials are ones collectors will be concerned with. In addition, stories on how the cards were actually created will be shared. For example, why there are no PMG Greens for 1997 Baseball but they were in Basketball and Football. Hoping collectors will like hearing the stories/behind the scenes on some of their favorite cards. Part of the effort of the project was to document the history of Fleer trading cards for that period. Another fascinating story is how the 1989 Fleer Billy Ripken FF card made it out the door.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collect View Post
    Yes, you are right, it is mainly focusing on high end cards, where the fakes and fraud generally take place. No one is going to care about 1994 Fleer Ultra cards, but Gem Masters, PMGs, E-X Credentials are ones collectors will be concerned with. In addition, stories on how the cards were actually created will be shared. For example, why there are no PMG Greens for 1997 Baseball but they were in Basketball and Football. Hoping collectors will like hearing the stories/behind the scenes on some of their favorite cards. Part of the effort of the project was to document the history of Fleer trading cards for that period. Another fascinating story is how the 1989 Fleer Billy Ripken FF card made it out the door.
    Would thoroughly enjoy hearing the background stories on these high-end 90's inserts - Fleer had some of the most innovative insert/parallel designs ever made. Ironically, I've always wondered why there was no PMG set in baseball until 1998 when Metal had been in the market for 2 years prior. Further, I loved the look of the '96 Metal Platinum parallel in baseball - imagine if that set were /100 and the first ten were blue or gold...it'd probably be '96 Mirror Gold status by now.

Hearing more on the concept of a new grading system is also a very interesting development.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just posting these because I am half-retarded and can't seem to send them in PM

The weird "wet look" is because of the plastic wrap on the chromium stock of the 1994 finest card. It comes attached (and reattached very quickly with no effort... similar to a penny sleeve on a chromium card.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finest1.jpg   Finest2.jpg   Finest3.jpg   Finest4.jpg   Finest5.jpg  

dr_mccarthy
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd remind people that no COAs were in the 1994 UD packs with the Griffey/Mantle autos. UD released some years later that had the COA. So, most don't have the COA

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been looking for a sealed superstar sampler set! Is it still sealed or did you open it? If I didn't get all that other stuff from you id pick them up. How much you looking for?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy17 View Post
    Just thought I'd remind people that no COAs were in the 1994 UD packs with the Griffey/Mantle autos. UD released some years later that had the COA. So, most don't have the COA
    Ahh. Did not know that - thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When / how were the COA ones issued? Just through UDA? I know the pack ones didn't have any, but the difference is the code on the back correct, or are the COA ones similar in the codes? Hope that made sense...

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey_peapod View Post
    Been looking for a sealed superstar sampler set! Is it still sealed or did you open it? If I didn't get all that other stuff from you id pick them up. How much you looking for?
    Still sealed. @pogert2003 gets first crack at them. If he doesn't want them I will keep you in mind... and in my heart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

Curious if anyone is aware of public autograph signings Griffey may be doing during the HOF weekend? Or if he typically does them at all?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GC24 View Post
    Hey guys,

Curious if anyone is aware of public autograph signings Griffey may be doing during the HOF weekend? Or if he typically does them at all?
    Not sure. Maybe this will be announced later? I also recall a few guys in here saying they were going - maybe they'll know.

On an unrelated note, excited to see what the Gold Embossed Refractor ends at tonight.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling a Griffey 500 HR bat. Looking for $265. Last one on ebay did $275

Pm works best.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H631 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spikes View Post
    Selling a Griffey 500 HR bat. Looking for $265. Last one on ebay did $275

Pm works best.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H631 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    [MENTION=12785]viper[/MENTION] - you still looking for this one?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    @viper - you still looking for this one?
    Yes sir, I am. But, currently in a deal for two Longevity cards.

Thank you! Much appreciated [MENTION=11259]tidel144[/MENTION]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any one looking to sell a 1989 Phoenix Magnetable? If so, please PM me...