User Tag List

Page 530 of 561 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 8404

Thread: Griffey Collector's Thread

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, custom.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a lot of 3000 juniors for sale theres 1 upperdeck rc psa 9 23 fleer rcs 2 psa 9 35 donruss rr 3 psa 2x9 1x10 47 donruss the rookies
    43 score rc and the rest inserts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillscards View Post
    Ive got a lot of 3000 juniors for sale theres 1 upperdeck rc psa 9 23 fleer rcs 2 psa 9 35 donruss rr 3 psa 2x9 1x10 47 donruss the rookies
    43 score rc and the rest inserts
    Is it possible to email me a list of what you have?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i dont have one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Yes, custom.

Ryan

Well I'm a little concerned because I bought 1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League off this person and wondering if it's gonna be a fake? Is this a card that gets faked a lot and if so what should I look for?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman31 View Post
    Well I'm a little concerned because I bought 1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League off this person and wondering if it's gonna be a fake? Is this a card that gets faked a lot and if so what should I look for?
    I am no expert on that card, someone here may be able to help. However with graded 8s selling for 200 or so and 9s for 500 I would question those he is selling. Maybe the backs will tell a difference. The ones he are selling look mint and no way he would be selling legit ones for $20. His listings and lack of custom descriptions are deceiving.

Ryan

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman31 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    I am no expert on that card, someone here may be able to help. However with graded 8s selling for 200 or so and 9s for 500 I would question those he is selling. Maybe the backs will tell a difference. The ones he are selling look mint and no way he would be selling legit ones for $20. His listings and lack of custom descriptions are deceiving.

Ryan

I posted a picture of his item description. You'll notice a few key words are circled. If something IS too good to be true, it IS too good to be true. ("Seems" doesn't apply here)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reprint.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	66905

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird that someone who makes all of his money on "reprints" and "customs" would sell a reprint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's a little different description from one I got. Mine said

1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League Pre-Rookie

Condition: NM-MT+

Combined shipping is available at $.50 per item or lot.

Please check out our other rare Ken Griffey, Jr. inserts, parallels, and vintage items! Good luck!

No mention of reprint. I only paid about $15 after shipping so not a huge loss but will be a lil disappointed.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    I posted a picture of his item description. You'll notice a few key words are circled. If something IS too good to be true, it IS too good to be true. ("Seems" doesn't apply here)

Name:	reprint.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	66905
    https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1484612853110)

This is the one I looked at, and has nothing mentioned, nor are all his listing reprinted/ customs.

Ryan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for help. I'll guess I will wait until it arrives and figure it out then. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been tracking the listings on eBay of 1997 Topps uncut test/error pattern non die cut Finest atomic refractors?
    Any info or speculation?
    I believe these were either tests not meant to leave Topps or from uncut sheets also not meant to leave topps - either way they have to be way rarer than the embossed die cut versions for sure and seem to show more vibrant unwashed color due to the emboss on released version. I've seen comparisons as someone has the Jeter here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilst View Post
    Has anyone been tracking the listings on eBay of 1997 Topps uncut test/error pattern non die cut Finest atomic refractors?
    Any info or speculation?
    I believe these were either tests not meant to leave Topps or from uncut sheets also not meant to leave topps - either way they have to be way rarer than the embossed die cut versions for sure and seem to show more vibrant unwashed color due to the emboss on released version. I've seen comparisons as someone has the Jeter here.
    I think you may be referring to [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] 's listings - if you're referring to other listings, Ryan still knows more than I do about these.

My guess is that there are less of these test issues than the actual die cut versions, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info, between everyone on this community it seems there is very little we can't figure out haha.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone looking for a Griffey Crusade Green? I have an extra to trade. PM me if interested.

Thanks,
    Tim

Name:	image.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	66997

Name:	image.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	66998