User Tag List

Page 530 of 561 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 8404

Thread: Griffey Collector's Thread

  1. #7936
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, custom.

    Ryan

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  2. #7937
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a lot of 3000 juniors for sale theres 1 upperdeck rc psa 9 23 fleer rcs 2 psa 9 35 donruss rr 3 psa 2x9 1x10 47 donruss the rookies
    43 score rc and the rest inserts

  3. #7938
    Junior Member viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillscards View Post
    Ive got a lot of 3000 juniors for sale theres 1 upperdeck rc psa 9 23 fleer rcs 2 psa 9 35 donruss rr 3 psa 2x9 1x10 47 donruss the rookies
    43 score rc and the rest inserts
    Is it possible to email me a list of what you have?

  4. #7939
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i dont have one

  5. #7940
    Junior Member deadman31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Yes, custom.

    Ryan

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Well I'm a little concerned because I bought 1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League off this person and wondering if it's gonna be a fake? Is this a card that gets faked a lot and if so what should I look for?

  6. #7941
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman31 View Post
    Well I'm a little concerned because I bought 1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League off this person and wondering if it's gonna be a fake? Is this a card that gets faked a lot and if so what should I look for?
    I am no expert on that card, someone here may be able to help. However with graded 8s selling for 200 or so and 9s for 500 I would question those he is selling. Maybe the backs will tell a difference. The ones he are selling look mint and no way he would be selling legit ones for $20. His listings and lack of custom descriptions are deceiving.

    Ryan

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  7. #7942
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman31 View Post
    Well I'm a little concerned because I bought 1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League off this person and wondering if it's gonna be a fake? Is this a card that gets faked a lot and if so what should I look for?
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    I am no expert on that card, someone here may be able to help. However with graded 8s selling for 200 or so and 9s for 500 I would question those he is selling. Maybe the backs will tell a difference. The ones he are selling look mint and no way he would be selling legit ones for $20. His listings and lack of custom descriptions are deceiving.

    Ryan

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

    I posted a picture of his item description. You'll notice a few key words are circled. If something IS too good to be true, it IS too good to be true. ("Seems" doesn't apply here)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reprint.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	66905

  8. #7943
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird that someone who makes all of his money on "reprints" and "customs" would sell a reprint.

  9. #7944
    Junior Member deadman31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's a little different description from one I got. Mine said

    1998 Ken Griffey, Jr. Best Platinum Minor League Pre-Rookie

    Condition: NM-MT+

    Combined shipping is available at $.50 per item or lot.

    Please check out our other rare Ken Griffey, Jr. inserts, parallels, and vintage items! Good luck!

    No mention of reprint. I only paid about $15 after shipping so not a huge loss but will be a lil disappointed.

  10. #7945
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    I posted a picture of his item description. You'll notice a few key words are circled. If something IS too good to be true, it IS too good to be true. ("Seems" doesn't apply here)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reprint.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	66905
    https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1484612853110)

    This is the one I looked at, and has nothing mentioned, nor are all his listing reprinted/ customs.

    Ryan

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  11. #7946
    Junior Member deadman31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for help. I'll guess I will wait until it arrives and figure it out then. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

  12. #7947
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been tracking the listings on eBay of 1997 Topps uncut test/error pattern non die cut Finest atomic refractors?
    Any info or speculation?
    I believe these were either tests not meant to leave Topps or from uncut sheets also not meant to leave topps - either way they have to be way rarer than the embossed die cut versions for sure and seem to show more vibrant unwashed color due to the emboss on released version. I've seen comparisons as someone has the Jeter here.

  13. #7948
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilst View Post
    Has anyone been tracking the listings on eBay of 1997 Topps uncut test/error pattern non die cut Finest atomic refractors?
    Any info or speculation?
    I believe these were either tests not meant to leave Topps or from uncut sheets also not meant to leave topps - either way they have to be way rarer than the embossed die cut versions for sure and seem to show more vibrant unwashed color due to the emboss on released version. I've seen comparisons as someone has the Jeter here.
    I think you may be referring to [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] 's listings - if you're referring to other listings, Ryan still knows more than I do about these.

    My guess is that there are less of these test issues than the actual die cut versions, but I could be wrong.

  14. #7949
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info, between everyone on this community it seems there is very little we can't figure out haha.

  15. #7950
    Junior Member viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone looking for a Griffey Crusade Green? I have an extra to trade. PM me if interested.

    Thanks,
    Tim

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	66997

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	66998

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •