Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Yeah on card auto when he was on the Mariners in the 90s.

If you are looking for a fantastic card for your collection, I would look for one like this..

I've seen them go for about $150 or so lately.. It's an iconic card from 1994..

mantle-jr-auto.jpg

Aug 14, 2017
I love that card. I thought those would go for a lot more. I mean I know it would with the Mantle.

Is 1994 Griffey's earliest auto?

...correction I noticed he has a 1991 Arena and 1992 Classic auto.

If you are looking for a fantastic card for your collection, I would look for one like this..

I've seen them go for about $150 or so lately.. It's an iconic card from 1994..

mantle-jr-auto.jpg

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Buybacks are always a good option
th
( Danum You Photobucket)

just make sure you get a COA Card and the its the correct #ing
speaking of Buybacks........ I have 2 diff. ones of this card and neither has this COA Card, possibly its not real, also its not numbered on the front
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEN-GRIFFEY...744063?hash=item3d49895cff:g:o4MAAOSwa8dZx8mO
[MENTION=3327]flarick[/MENTION]

sticker and COA card looks like its from a /312 buyback from the numbering of the one I posted in Quote above

2000 had a /19 and 2001 had a /34

Last edited:

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
The guy who posted it for his friend says he wants $5500.. just because it's his jersey number..

The last few have sold for $2000 and $2200 (I think this one was $2200) through PWCC

The PWCC was a BGS 10. This exact card sold for $2200 or $2400 I can’t remeber exactly. It was definitely this year as I was bidding on it. He isn’t get anywhere close to $5500

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Guys - I recently worked with a seller who owned a collection of '98 Pinnacle Certified and '98 Select bankruptcy cards. While he sold most of his inventory, he was okay with me sharing that he plans to have the following Griffeys listed on PWCC's upcoming November auction:

Epix Moment Orange, Purple, Emerald
Epix.jpg

'98 Select Rare Form
FullSizeRender1.jpg
'98 Select 1-star base
'98 Select 2-star base

I am not sure if he is listing the Epix run together or individually, but my guess is they will be listed all together. These were originally supposed to be inserted into '98 Pinnacle Certified. Moments are the rarest Epix as well.

The Rare Form was a previously never before seen insert from '98 Select that was also supposed to be its toughest (not counting parallels), seeded at 1:99 packs. He sent in 9 of the 10 cards from this set (minus a Thomas, which he sold individually) and because of this, I believe the Rare Forms will be listed individually.

Looking forward to seeing the auction next month - I hope some of you guys are able to win these!

GC24

Apr 29, 2016
Random request. If anyone is willing to sell their '94 Upper Deck's graded 10 (PSA or Beckett), please let me know. Will consider 9/9.5's and (authenticated) auto's.

1994-Upper-Deck-Ken-Griffey-Jr-224.jpg

Ken-Griffey-Jr.jpg

Ken-Griffey-Jr.jpg

Ken-Griffey-Jr.jpg

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
1998 Pinnacle Sport Block

Hey folks,

Anyone know more about this?

Based on a few quick searches, these Sport Blocks for other teams seem to be readily available. Hadn't seen a Mariners that I can remember in the 17 years I've been collecting Griffey though, so wondering if anyone else has. Quite possible that I've just missed this one, as on the verge of memorabilia, and tend to avoid that. I've left it sealed, but it's about a 4" by 4" cube that can fold in various ways to show different players on the Mariners. Came in the box shown, and there are examples of other teams on eBay if curious for more pictures. Welcome your thoughts!

Sports Ball.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I've had one for quite awhile here, says teams available Anahiem Angels, Az Diamondbacks, Alt Braves, Balt Orioles, Res Sox, Indians, Dodgers Yanks, Mariners, TB Devil Rays

1998 Pinnacle Trading Card Co.

Last edited:

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Gents, what's the view on the rarity of the 1996 Pinnacle Fanfest playing card?

I've been a bit surprised to see these sell for 10 bucks on eBay.

Seems like the seller has a bunch, so easy to grab one now.

Welcome your thoughts. Chris

Fanfest.jpg

Members online