Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cutch keeps rolling. Walk off hit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robboshow

Aug 7, 2008
Western Maryland
Andrew McCutchen drove in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th against the Indians tonight. He doubled earlier and worked a bases loaded walk against Cliff Lee to tie the game in the 7th.

Andrew has a 13 game hitting streak and 18 rbi in 20 games, all from the lead off spot. He is hitting .330.

I know there will be some bumps in the road, but it is exciting to watch.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I am not sure if the Pirate suits are happy they waited to call him up, or are kicking themselves because he is doing so well so far..

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
I've liked almost everything I've seen from him so far, especially speed and attitude. Reminds me of Granderson.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Even though his power hasn't developed as some predicted when he was drafted, Cutch has been a pleasure to watch. I'm a bit disappointed I haven't been able to watch a ton of games the past two weeks because I'm without cable while in the process of moving, and moved my tickets for Friday to a later date so I could check out Alvarez at Altoona.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I bought into the hype. He's awesome. Not sure if his power will ever develop.

Looks like a solid lead off guy though! Or maybe a 2 or 5 hitteR?

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
I am extremely pleased with how McCutchen has played so far.

I got to meet him when I was in Pittsburgh and he is a extremely focused young man. Here's hoping to a bright future!

B

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
capt.e03d92da7b1741399198ecf837805e0f.indians_pirates_baseball_pagp107.jpg

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
As a previous poster commented, I too see a little bit of Granderson in him with Cutch having a little more speed and Granderson having more power. Very happy with his start.

McCutchen-2005BDPChromeGoldRef90.jpg

Alex

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think MLB power will be tough for him to generate in that frame.

If he can not worry about home run power, he can be a great spark plug at the front of any line-up.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
darocker80 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
darocker80 said:
I bought into the hype. He's awesome. Not sure if his power will ever develop.

Looks like a solid lead off guy though! Or maybe a 2 or 5 hitteR?

lead off, all the way.
How many SB does he have now? Im too tired to check haha.

Sadly, I want to say very few? I was expecting him to be swiping much more. Love his hustle.

Members online