Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Very excited! #1 vintage PC want acquired today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The most expensive and rare vintage Zimmer I needed for my collection showed up on eBay this morning, and I soon worked a private deal to buy it immediately. There has been a PSA8 listed on eBay for a ridiculous $2,500 taunting me. So I was happy to pick up this PSA7 for under $200.

!BWEdE1Q!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKVoj!qvdg~~_1.jpg

In case you don't know what you're looking at, this is a 1958 Bell Brands Dodgers card that was distributed regionally in California inside Bell Brand Potato Chip bags. 1958 was the first year for Bell Brands, as they were created in honor of the Dodgers moving from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. Since they are a bit oversized (3"x4") and were distributed in chip bags, finding them in any condition is tough, let alone NM. This purchase really made my day and is going to look great on www.collectingzim.com.

Oh, had another cool Zim pickup this week too. This is a 2003 Topps Fan Favorites Buyback Auto of a 61 Topps.

!BV3hsMgBmk~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLlyV66BKUrVtYKKw~~_1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was just checking out the ZIM site. Do you have a list of the other players on that St. Paul baseball? That looks like it might be a gold mine of future Dodger player signatures. Looks like maybe Bert Hamric on the same panel as Zimmer. He is extremely tough. I was wondering if this ball happens to have Robert "Bob" Wilson on it? I have not yet researched to see if he played on that team, but he was coming up through the Dodgers organization in the mid 50s. I still need to track down his signature.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts