User Tag List

Thread: Tommy Hanson optioned to AAA...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tommy Hanson optioned to AAA...

just until the 5th game after the All-star break.

Braves optioned RHP Tommy Hanson to Triple-A Gwinnett Friday.
    It's only a procedural move to get the Braves another bullpen arm. Hanson was chosen since he had started the day before and will be able to return to start the fifth game after the All-Star break.

Kris Medlen also gets a spot start on Sunday.

Kris Medlen, who has shuttled between the rotation and bullpen all season, will be used as a fill-in starter Sunday.
    He's starting in place of Javier Vazquez, who is suffering from a lower abdominal strain. Vazquez is expected to avoid a DL stint and will start the fourth game after the break. Medlen will oppose Jason Hammel in Colorado and sports a 5.72 ERA on the season.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tommy Hanson optioned to AAA...

That must have been a shock to Hanson when he was first told he was being sent down (before it was explained it was a procedural move).
    He was probabably thinking, "$#!+&@! What the &%$# do I have to do to stay in the Majors? Throw 100 straight scoreless innings?"
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

bbcardseller
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tommy Hanson optioned to AAA...

I bet he doesn't even report either. I read an article that him and Medlen we going to use the All-Star break to move into their new apartment.