Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have these:

griffeyfront.jpg

madduxmcgwire.jpg

griffey3.jpg

griffey1.jpg

chipperfrontpromo.jpg

arodsamples.jpg

~AJ

Jul 30, 2009
Be8el0ve has a very interesting scan in that DJ UD/Fleer card.

Unless UD released it afterwards, that "card" is actually a Hotel room key card issued at a Hawaii Trade Conference some years back (2005 or 2006).

I have one myself plus the Griffey and heres some extra info about it.

Again, unless it was released afterwards, you had to stay at The Illikai Hotel AND request it.
I dont recall UD ever making mention of the card and it wasnt listed in any info sheets either.

It was one per room, not per person and you also werent "guaranteed" to get a DJ. There was also a Griffey and I think some superhero.

On the last day of the Conference, I asked the desk people if they had any extras since the Conference was over and they told me that UD took the remainers back. I think I went back the next day, after UD and basically everone else left and asked a different person and was told the same thing.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
011873 said:
Be8el0ve has a very interesting scan in that DJ UD/Fleer card.

Unless UD released it afterwards, that "card" is actually a Hotel room key card issued at a Hawaii Trade Conference some years back (2005 or 2006).

I have one myself plus the Griffey and heres some extra info about it.

Again, unless it was released afterwards, you had to stay at The Illikai Hotel AND request it.
I dont recall UD ever making mention of the card and it wasnt listed in any info sheets either.

It was one per room, not per person and you also werent "guaranteed" to get a DJ. There was also a Griffey and I think some superhero.

On the last day of the Conference, I asked the desk people if they had any extras since the Conference was over and they told me that UD took the remainers back. I think I went back the next day, after UD and basically everone else left and asked a different person and was told the same thing.

Thanks for the info. The auction claimed it was the 2007 version.

Jeter07HawaiiTradeConferenceHotelRo.jpg

I also have the 2008 version where the back of the key is identical to the 2007 version.

JeterRoomKey.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Does anyone have any Rickeys? Here are some of my Hendersons.

IMG_3558.jpg
IMG]http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww47/henderson939/IMG_3559.jpg[/IMG]

1997 Million Dollar Moments promo. I believe every card from set has one.
IMG_3555.jpg

Rare 1990 Mr. Turkey plastic prototype
IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2578.jpg

1988 Topps Double Header Prototype
IMG_3561.jpg
IMG_3563.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
I checked my records and the DJ room card key is from the February 2006 Hawaii Trade Conference.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Jack Straw said:
Nice Proctor promo! Whats the deal with the Mr. Turkey? do all the cards have the plastic promo?

Jack Straw, I made a mistake. the card is from 1991. As far as I know, the Mr. Turkey set never was issued that year. I only know of a 92 set. I paid well over $100 for it about 8-9 years ago. At the time the seller offered me a small sheet of the set for around $400. Unfortunately, I didnt have the money and never kept his info. I am suprised, that it never showed up again. I do not remember who the other players were, but I'm sure Griffey, Ripken, Ryan, ect. were in the set. They were the stars of the day. I would love to know if anyone has one of another player or the sheet.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Does anyone have any info on 1992-93 Stadium Club basketball promos? I have a few, including Larry Bird, that are oversized and have all the licensing and everything. They are numbered to the regular set.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
sportscardtheory said:
Does anyone have any info on 1992-93 Stadium Club basketball promos? I have a few, including Larry Bird, that are oversized and have all the licensing and everything. They are numbered to the regular set.

Anyone? I have never seen these before or since and they are not recognized by Beckett.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
sportscardtheory said:
sportscardtheory said:

Anyone? I have never seen these before or since and they are not recognized by Beckett.

Do you have a scan? I do remember that I have some Stadium Club basketball promos that were inserted in Basketball Beckett in the early 90's...it might have been around 94 or 95....will have to see if I have those cards still....but they might have been box-toppers or poster cards for shops to display.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
SouthSideSluggers said:
sportscardtheory said:
sportscardtheory said:

Do you have a scan? I do remember that I have some Stadium Club basketball promos that were inserted in Basketball Beckett in the early 90's...it might have been around 94 or 95....will have to see if I have those cards still....but they might have been box-toppers or poster cards for shops to display.

ScannedImage1.jpg

ScannedImagevv2.jpg

They are oversized. The fronts are lacking the gloss and gold foil while the backs are missing the gloss but are exactly like the normal backs. They are all from the Member's Choice subset as well, cards #d 191-200.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jack Straw said:
Be8el0ve said:
Anyone know how difficult these were to get? (2000 CaP CURE Home Run Challenge Promo's)

JEter00CaPCureUncutsheet.jpg

Dang where did you find one. I would love that Griffey if you have an extra.

I still haven't found that McGwire yet either!

I had a hell of a time finding the '01 CapCure (the following year) so it doesn't surprise me :)