Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Re: PROMO/SAMPLE/PREVIEW/PROTOTYPE/PRE-PRODUCTION/TEST thread

Hi Guys, new member here, I'm a mainstay on the PSA forums...I figure I'll attempt to post a picture and direct it at the Will Clark collector at the top of this thread.

I myself am a Frank Thomas collector and have numerous promos, but I'll have to check my photobucket account to see if I have anything in it worth posting.

93FlairWClarkPromo.jpg

Oh, I see the '98 Selects are popular around here...though the 5 Stars are actually numbered and I don't know if they count as promos...
1998_Score_Select_Bankruptcy.jpg

One of my favoriate promos:
1996LeafSignaturePromoAuto.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

BunchOBull said:
Hi Guys, new member here, I'm a mainstay on the PSA forums...I figure I'll attempt to post a picture and direct it at the Will Clark collector at the top of this thread.

I myself am a Frank Thomas collector and have numerous promos, but I'll have to check my photobucket account to see if I have anything in it worth posting.

93FlairWClarkPromo.jpg

Oh, I see the '98 Selects are popular around here...though the 5 Stars are actually numbered and I don't know if they count as promos...
1998_Score_Select_Bankruptcy.jpg

That Thomas REALLY looks like a real auto, although I know the the Thomas Promos from that set are facsimile autos... did they all llook like that?

sevencostanza

Dec 9, 2008
Re: PROMO/SAMPLE/PREVIEW/PROTOTYPE/PRE-PRODUCTION/TEST ISSUE

Neat thread. Hope this one counts? '97 Pinnacle X-Press Melting Pot Samples /500

potfront.jpg

potback.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

sportscardtheory said:
BunchOBull said:

That Thomas REALLY looks like a real auto, although I know the the Thomas Promos from that set are facsimile autos... did they all llook like that?

It's a real auto...they were sent at random (with a letter that I also have) to dealers. The normal versions have a facsimile auto.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

BunchOBull said:

It's a real auto...they were sent at random (with a letter that I also have) to dealers. The normal versions have a facsimile auto.

That's a great card... you don't see many certified autograph promos.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Front

AaronandMarisSamples.jpg

Back

AaronandMarisSamplesback.jpg

I have a lot of other lesser samples but it would take forever and a day to find them all.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Re: The PROMO/PREVIEW/PRE-PRODUCTION/PROTOTYPE/SAMPLE thread

gracecollector said:
Here's an interesting Preview... Many of you probably know of the 1990 Starline set that was issued through Long John Silvers. But the year before that, Starline was shopping the design around for a sponsor. They thought about distributing them through 7-11 stores or fast-food restaurants. They made up a set of preview cards with different sponsor logos on them. Finding a complete set of these is tough. Here are the six variations:

89STARLINEPROMO.jpg89STARLINEPROMOCOKE.jpg89STARLINEPROMOCOKE711.jpg
89STARLINEPROMOCOKEBK.jpg89STARLINEPROMOCOKEDOMIN.jpg89STARLINEPROMOCOKEMCD.jpg

What do player "sets" of six normally go for?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

BunchOBull said:
sportscardtheory said:
BunchOBull said:

One of these on eBay if any Thomas collectors are interested.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here's a football one that I've had for a long time...

1989 Score Joe Montana Promo. The differences are in the stats on the back. Regular cards have PCT as 59.95 instead of 59.9, (same for the rating) and the Score logo has a TM instead of the R. Front is the same, and there is no "Promo" on the card anywhere.

joe.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Though I posted this but apparently not:

Tek Promo
Tek Gold Promo (most rare)

w_1998--tek--pp--26.jpg
w_1998--tek--pp--26--gold.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Do you really want to see 90 un-numbered pacific cards? I didn't think so....

Here's a couple I have from pinnacle
1998PinnacleStand-upGuysSamples9-AB.jpg
1998PinnacleStand-upGuysSamples9-CD.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Not die-cut
1997UltraTop30GoldUncutErrorCard.jpg

Never released (Andruw didn't sign)
1998DonrussSignatureSeries1000made.jpg

Pulled from a dumpster

1998PinnacleTotallyCertifiedPlatinu.jpg

Never released
[imghttp://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/Fandruw25/ANdruw%20Jones%20Collection
/Promo%20Jumbos%20and%20Error%20Cards/1998PinnacleTotallyCertifiedPlatinu.jpg[/img]
1998SelectJerseyNumbers-1.jpg
1998SelectDiamondDominance.jpg
1999UltraUncutSheet.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
99toppstekpp.jpg

Funny how he has at least 2 patterns for the prototype but none in the regular set.

e74f_1.jpg
Probably won't open the pack up but thought it was cool to own since my player is in this.

Members online

No members online now.