Thread: PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofrankgo View Post
    Will be on the lookout for one. Did Thomas have one?
    Good question! I'm not sure, sorry!
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know why the 1997 Score Franchise sample cards are so hard to locate?
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Skybox...MAAOSw7adagPXw

You have this one already?

Actually leximo has several neat looking Canseco auctions live right now.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Skybox...MAAOSw7adagPXw

You have this one already?

Actually leximo has several neat looking Canseco auctions live right now.
    Indeed I do, thanks so much for the heads up though! I know Alexis, and we talk every now and then. I noticed a bunch of Canseco cards listed & wondered why he didn't tell me to start, lol! He is CRAZY busy it sounds like though. There are some I don't yet have, but would probably rather get them a tad cheaper because I'm typically the only buyer on these types of things of Jose's.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    Indeed I do, thanks so much for the heads up though! I know Alexis, and we talk every now and then. I noticed a bunch of Canseco cards listed & wondered why he didn't tell me to start, lol! He is CRAZY busy it sounds like though. There are some I don't yet have, but would probably rather get them a tad cheaper because I'm typically the only buyer on these types of things of Jose's.
    I usually buy him out of Jeff Fryes and Ozzies. He's always been really easy to deal with as far as making offers on auctions.
    [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] I'm going to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind since you collect proofs too. How do you store your proofs that are uncut on the vertical (meaning they are two cards tall)?
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 02-16-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually buy him out of Jeff Fryes and Ozzies. He's always been really easy to deal with as far as making offers on auctions.
    [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] I'm going to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind since you collect proofs too. How do you store your proofs that are uncut on the vertical (meaning they are two cards tall)?
    Yeah, I'm a leximo fan Generally speaking, I don't do 2 card panels - I cut them down to be JUST big enough to fit in a regular top loader. For my collection, I desire to have as many of my pieces stored in regular sized top loaders, but for proofs, I want them to easily be seen that they were not in fact just regular cards pulled from packs, so as long as I can see it is noticeably larger than a base version of the same card, but fit in the top loader, I'm good. That's how I do anyway!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm a leximo fan Generally speaking, I don't do 2 card panels - I cut them down to be JUST big enough to fit in a regular top loader. For my collection, I desire to have as many of my pieces stored in regular sized top loaders, but for proofs, I want them to easily be seen that they were not in fact just regular cards pulled from packs, so as long as I can see it is noticeably larger than a base version of the same card, but fit in the top loader, I'm good. That's how I do anyway!
    Yeah, I like leaving them intact so the printing process is kept intact. 2 card horizontal panels will fit in a 4x6 4 pocket sheet so they're easy but the vertical ones won't.

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this in the '90s thread, but it probably more belongs here.

1998 Hamburger Helper production proof printed on white card stock, with a manufactured cut, cropping differences, and text alignment changes on the reverse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img368.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	368.1 KB 
ID:	77276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img370.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	77277

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    I posted this in the '90s thread, but it probably more belongs here.

1998 Hamburger Helper production proof printed on white card stock, with a manufactured cut, cropping differences, and text alignment changes on the reverse.

Name:	img368.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	368.1 KB 
ID:	77276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img370.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	77277
    Sweet! I actually just picked up a Kraft production proof on white card stock as opposed to the brown stock. The seller had it up forever and was asking a boatload for it, but I finally got him down.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostage Holder there...I gave up on seeing a reasonable price for one. There is a difference between pricing something due to limited quantity and real demand for said limited quantity item and that is definitely a specialty piece only certain buyers will find appealing.

Sweet! I actually just picked up a Kraft production proof on white card stock as opposed to the brown stock. The seller had it up forever and was asking a boatload for it, but I finally got him down.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Hostage Holder there...I gave up on seeing a reasonable price for one. There is a difference between pricing something due to limited quantity and real demand for said limited quantity item and that is definitely a specialty piece only certain buyers will find appealing.
    Many people don't fully grasp that just because something is rare, doesn't mean that it is going to be highly sought after by the masses.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    I just looked around too and saw a few Belle 1995 Score Samples with the black lettering, but nobody else. Curious that there are multiple black-print copies of one player for sale but none from anyone else. Despite what SCD says that makes me wonder if just the one player was issued with black font? If anyone has a black print version besides Belle please post a pic!!
    I too can only find the Belle with the BLACK sample.
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need the opinion of the experts

I looked through all the 1995 Leaf Bagwells I had and they all had copyrights that touched the Leaf foil emblem.

However..I got this copy as a throw in with some other Bags I bought recently and I think my search may be over for the Promo.

Name:	1995 Leaf Promo.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	77914

Thoughts?

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need the opinion of the experts

I looked through all the 1995 Leaf Bagwells I had and they all had copyrights that touched the Leaf foil emblem.

However..I got this copy as a throw in with some other Bags I bought recently and I think my search may be over for the Promo.

Name:	1995 Leaf Promo.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	77914

Thoughts?
    That is not the promo. On the promo the registration logo is farther away from the Leaf logo. Also the patch on his right shoulder does not touch the silver area of the diamond and his right shoe is a little below the border on the promo.
    Last edited by gofrankgo; 03-07-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofrankgo View Post
    That is not the promo. On the promo the registration logo is farther away from the Leaf logo. Also the patch on his right shoulder does not touch the silver area of the diamond.
    Well thanks for dashing my hopes

The game is still afoot.