User Tag List

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahahaha. Check out the completed listings for this Dale Murphy promo. Golf clap, Brian. Golf clap.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    Ahahaha. Check out the completed listings for this Dale Murphy promo. Golf clap, Brian. Golf clap.

Whoooooaaaaaa!
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This deserves the two syllable pronunciation:

Fuuuh-huuuck

I wonder what would happen if the Alomar ever comes up for sale. I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to take out another mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post

Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would trade like a tough Alomar card, this was PC guys at this level, not promo collectors . Murphy collectors are very hardcore and very competitive since the era he played did not have really low number cards. Fun to watch and reminiscent of the early ebay days when bidding used to get crazy a lot more often.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. It does seem like an olde-tyme ebay bidding war. Good on the winner. But still, wow.

There's really only one another Alomar collector out there that I would worry about if that card came up. But who knows. There have been other auctions where I thought I'd have to sell my car to win, but he was nowhere to be found. And other auctions where some guy came in from left field with a massive bid. But that's the bay for you.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onions View Post
    I know this is an older post, but did you ever pick up one of these? Pretty sure I have a duplicate.
    Haven't picked one up yet. I am still looking. There is one on eBay but it is a bit high. I will wait for one a little cheaper.
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone dishonest bought a base card and clipped the corner, how can you tell the difference between the two?
    My main collecting interest is MLB and MLBPA approved Frank Thomas promos, previews, samples, prototypes etc ... raw and PSA. Check out my web site at www.FrankThomasPromos.com. I am also an avid collector of baseball promo sets. I have many different player promo cards for trade. If interested message or email me at gitalian1997@bellsouth.net. And the hunt continues.

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    Yes, they did for the gray bordered hobby reserve series 1 cards. They have a clipped upper right corner.
    If someone dishonest bought a base card and clipped the corner, how can you tell the difference between the two?

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for 1996 Zenith Z-Team Sample cards 9 of 18 through 18 of 18.

Looking for 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts Promo (upper right corner clipped) of Joe Carter and Kirby Puckett.

Looking for 1995 Score Sample cards with the word SAMPLE in black letters. All except A. Belle.

Looking for 1997 Score Franchise sample cards of C. Ripken, C. Jones, A. Belle & R. Alomar.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a lot of digging on the 1996 Z-Team samples, and the 1995 Score Samples with black letters, believing there were Alomar cards of both. But I've convinced myself that they do not exist. The Z-Team Samples were only 1-9, and the only player with black lettering on the Score Samples was Belle. However it seems the 1997 Franchise Samples were made for the entire set. So add that one to my list. Tell you what - if the Alomar comes up we can do a coin flip or something so we don't get in a bidding war for it!

Quote Originally Posted by gofrankgo View Post
    Looking for 1996 Zenith Z-Team Sample cards 9 of 18 through 18 of 18.

Looking for 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts Promo (upper right corner clipped) of Joe Carter and Kirby Puckett.

Looking for 1995 Score Sample cards with the word SAMPLE in black letters. All except A. Belle.

Looking for 1997 Score Franchise sample cards of C. Ripken, C. Jones, A. Belle & R. Alomar.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

So angry at myself and the world. Former Sales guy at Donruss sold me the below. Shipped it free floating in a mailer. Yep. I cut it (lower right corner).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0341.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	398.8 KB 
ID:	88573

Name:	IMG_0342.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	88574

For comparison, here’s the final Series 2 card

Name:	IMG_0343.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	405.6 KB 
ID:	88575

SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

gofrankgo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=banjar;2561868]I did a lot of digging on the 1996 Z-Team samples, and the 1995 Score Samples with black letters, believing there were Alomar cards of both. But I've convinced myself that they do not exist. The Z-Team Samples were only 1-9, and the only player with black lettering on the Score Samples was Belle. However it seems the 1997 Franchise Samples were made for the entire set. So add that one to my list. Tell you what - if the Alomar comes up we can do a coin flip or something so we don't get in a bidding war for it![/QUOTE

I guess whoever listed these did not do their research. I'm still looking. Any help on the 2 1995 Leaf SS promos?

BaseballCardPedia says: Z-Team
    Z-Team is an 18-card set printed on clear, micro-etched, acetate.

The entire set was also available as promo cards. The promo cards, with have the word "SAMPLE" written diagonally on both sides of the card, were given away to Pinnacle's dealer network, and to collectors on the Pinnacle Brands website. These cards were made available after the 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview Cards offer was exhausted.

1 Ken Griffey, Jr.
    2 Albert Belle
    3 Cal Ripken, Jr.
    4 Frank Thomas
    5 Greg Maddux
    6 Mo Vaughn
    7 Chipper Jones
    8 Mike Piazza
    9 Ryan Klesko
    10 Hideo Nomo
    11 Roberto Alomar
    12 Manny Ramirez
    13 Gary Sheffield
    14 Barry Bonds
    15 Matt Williams
    16 Jim Edmonds
    17 Kirby Puckett
    18 Sammy Sosa

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found these. All marked SAMPLE on the back in silver foil. Probably worthless, but figured I’d ask here if anyone wants them. The Chipper doesn’t have Foil on the DK logo, even though the Ripken does. Weird

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found these. All marked SAMPLE on the back in silver foil. Probably worthless, but figured I’d ask here if anyone wants them. The Chipper doesn’t have Foil on the DK logo, even though the Ripken does. Weird

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post

i absolutely LOVE all those old beckett samples.....what would you want for them ?
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)