Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
It would trade like a tough Alomar card, this was PC guys at this level, not promo collectors . Murphy collectors are very hardcore and very competitive since the era he played did not have really low number cards. Fun to watch and reminiscent of the early ebay days when bidding used to get crazy a lot more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. It does seem like an olde-tyme ebay bidding war. Good on the winner. But still, wow.

There's really only one another Alomar collector out there that I would worry about if that card came up. But who knows. There have been other auctions where I thought I'd have to sell my car to win, but he was nowhere to be found. And other auctions where some guy came in from left field with a massive bid. But that's the bay for you.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I know this is an older post, but did you ever pick up one of these? Pretty sure I have a duplicate.

Haven't picked one up yet. I am still looking. There is one on eBay but it is a bit high. I will wait for one a little cheaper.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
If someone dishonest bought a base card and clipped the corner, how can you tell the difference between the two?

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Looking for 1996 Zenith Z-Team Sample cards 9 of 18 through 18 of 18.

Looking for 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts Promo (upper right corner clipped) of Joe Carter and Kirby Puckett.

Looking for 1995 Score Sample cards with the word SAMPLE in black letters. All except A. Belle.

Looking for 1997 Score Franchise sample cards of C. Ripken, C. Jones, A. Belle & R. Alomar.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I did a lot of digging on the 1996 Z-Team samples, and the 1995 Score Samples with black letters, believing there were Alomar cards of both. But I've convinced myself that they do not exist. The Z-Team Samples were only 1-9, and the only player with black lettering on the Score Samples was Belle. However it seems the 1997 Franchise Samples were made for the entire set. So add that one to my list. Tell you what - if the Alomar comes up we can do a coin flip or something so we don't get in a bidding war for it!

Looking for 1996 Zenith Z-Team Sample cards 9 of 18 through 18 of 18.

Looking for 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts Promo (upper right corner clipped) of Joe Carter and Kirby Puckett.

Looking for 1995 Score Sample cards with the word SAMPLE in black letters. All except A. Belle.

Looking for 1997 Score Franchise sample cards of C. Ripken, C. Jones, A. Belle & R. Alomar.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
So angry at myself and the world. Former Sales guy at Donruss sold me the below. Shipped it free floating in a mailer. Yep. I cut it (lower right corner).
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0342.JPG

For comparison, here’s the final Series 2 card
IMG_0343.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I did a lot of digging on the 1996 Z-Team samples, and the 1995 Score Samples with black letters, believing there were Alomar cards of both. But I've convinced myself that they do not exist. The Z-Team Samples were only 1-9, and the only player with black lettering on the Score Samples was Belle. However it seems the 1997 Franchise Samples were made for the entire set. So add that one to my list. Tell you what - if the Alomar comes up we can do a coin flip or something so we don't get in a bidding war for it![/QUOTE

I guess whoever listed these did not do their research. I'm still looking. Any help on the 2 1995 Leaf SS promos?

BaseballCardPedia says: Z-Team
Z-Team is an 18-card set printed on clear, micro-etched, acetate.

The entire set was also available as promo cards. The promo cards, with have the word "SAMPLE" written diagonally on both sides of the card, were given away to Pinnacle's dealer network, and to collectors on the Pinnacle Brands website. These cards were made available after the 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview Cards offer was exhausted.

1 Ken Griffey, Jr.
2 Albert Belle
3 Cal Ripken, Jr.
4 Frank Thomas
5 Greg Maddux
6 Mo Vaughn
7 Chipper Jones
8 Mike Piazza
9 Ryan Klesko
10 Hideo Nomo
11 Roberto Alomar
12 Manny Ramirez
13 Gary Sheffield
14 Barry Bonds
15 Matt Williams
16 Jim Edmonds
17 Kirby Puckett
18 Sammy Sosa

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
8zjifd.jpg

I found these. All marked SAMPLE on the back in silver foil. Probably worthless, but figured I’d ask here if anyone wants them. The Chipper doesn’t have Foil on the DK logo, even though the Ripken does. Weird

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
8zjifd.jpg

I found these. All marked SAMPLE on the back in silver foil. Probably worthless, but figured I’d ask here if anyone wants them. The Chipper doesn’t have Foil on the DK logo, even though the Ripken does. Weird

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone have a 1995 Leaf Statistical Standouts promo of Kirby Puckett or Joe Carter? If so, message me. I have many, many promo singles and sets to trade.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada