Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

authentic buyback autos slab or not?

would you slab buyback autos through bgs authentic?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
fellas,

i've been meaning to ask what your thoughts are on slabbing buyback autos via bgs authentic only?

been thinking about whether or not i should go this way or not

i do have some pros and cons about this, of course.

pros - protection, "almost" 100% guarantee that it's authentic from major company, looks?

cons - authentic slab doesn't look attractive, where to place the coa?,

what would you do if you have a valuable buyback auto card?

dave

Well, ill show you maybe, unless you have a Gradable Definate 9, DO NOT SLAB buybacks.. Here are my examples.
Yes they look nice graded...but if they do not grade well they do not look so nice...
A thing to remember, is that the companies when purchasing the buyback previous issue cards, do not keep in mind futre grading, they do not care about the condition of the card. And it shows.
The good -
bb2.jpg

The Ehhh, I wish it got a 9, Looks alot better Raw.
macbb.jpg

The UGLY - Should NOT have submitted it. This is a pefect card just to have authenticated.
bb1.jpg

Raw Dog - Looks Perfect -
macgf.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thanks for the scans!

do you have all the matching coa's for those?

how about if it went via authentic only like your jordan?

i just dont like raw only because in case it needs to be moved, even with the matching coa's and whatnot, fakes are getting worse and worse....

dave

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
For future protection, better to know its authentic. I vote yes to authenticate, no to grading

traffic wasnt too bad coming up, thankfully

zach

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
dont tell me u just got there :lol:

thanks very much for the 2 free slab coupon

you know what two (hopefully) will be used towards

dave

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
dont tell me u just got there :lol:

thanks very much for the 2 free slab coupon

you know what two (hopefully) will be used towards

dave

Oh, that would work perfectly!!!!

Nah, was like 2-3 hours, as opposed to normally 2, got here hours ago

gl on the other card

zach

daveyou said:
thanks for the scans!

do you have all the matching coa's for those?

how about if it went via authentic only like your jordan?

i just dont like raw only because in case it needs to be moved, even with the matching coa's and whatnot, fakes are getting worse and worse....

dave

yes dave, got matchin COA's for all of them.

the jordan looks great in the authentic. It would have graded about an 8. but it looks just as nice and protected in the Authentic slab...

AIR.jpg

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
With so many fakes running around, the extra security is something that everyone should have. I sent my buyback in to get slabbed... As well as the authentication card.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
slab for protection with mg 9, otherwise have it encased as authentic. a lot of those come beat up out of the pack. as mentioned, also helps solidify the authenticity. i like what flight said, slab the auth card.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm not convinced that BGS can tell the difference between authentic buybacks and fake buybacks. Especially with the Bowman Originals.

Members online