Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's is a more dangerous hitter: Francoer/Church?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
I think it was a great trade for the mets. Adds a good young bat too the lineup. But honestly, who is a better hitter up there, who is a bigger threat in the lineup?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
francouer forgot how to hit in atlanta, he wont remember at citifield.
dead weight for the mets, just what they need more of.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
I feel bad for Churh. I feel that he was one of the few guys on the current Mets team who tried hard everyday and wanted to come to the ballpark eventhough he knew the ballclub he plays for dosent like him. I feel if Church played 155 games on a decent club he can be a lock for .275 15hr 70rbi with giving you an above average arm and an all around solid guy. The Mets medial staff or lack there of really messed him up and if I were Church I would hold a grudge. Bottom line is he was but in a situation where he would never prosper.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I'm torn about this deal. While it's a definate upgrade for the Braves, it's hard to see your favorite player go, even harder when it's a division rival. However, the Braves are my team and this deal is an upgrade. The fact of the matter is, the deeper this slump got, the more it looked like Jeff was going to get non-tendered at the end of the year. The Braves got to cut loose early and got a warm body in return.

I still hope Jeff can turn it around, even if it is for the Mets. Never have met a nicer player.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
thegreathambino said:
I think it was a great trade for the mets. Adds a good young bat too the lineup. But honestly, who is a better hitter up there, who is a bigger threat in the lineup?

Have you seen Francouer play at all this year? He is terrible.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
ThoseBackPages said:
what are the odds that Atlanta is just a "pit stop" for Church, before heading elsewhere via a trade?

I don't think that's unrealistic at all. If Javier Vazquez gets traded, it would be much easier to package Church for a Power OF bat.

On the other hand, a not so strict Diaz/Church platoon kinda interests me. Give McLouth and Anderson days off here and there of course, but for the most part Garret in LF, McLouth in CF, and Diaz/Chuch in RF would give the Braves a better chance to win opposed to the GA/Diaz, McLouth, Francoeur outfield.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Penno said:
ThoseBackPages said:
what are the odds that Atlanta is just a "pit stop" for Church, before heading elsewhere via a trade?

I don't think that's unrealistic at all. If Javier Vazquez gets traded, it would be much easier to package Church for a Power OF bat.

On the other hand, a not so strict Diaz/Church platoon kinda interests me. Give McLouth and Anderson days off here and there of course, but for the most part Garret in LF, McLouth in CF, and Diaz/Chuch in RF would give the Braves a better chance to win opposed to the GA/Diaz, McLouth, Francoeur outfield.

I wish the Braves would trade for Luke Scott. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Braves.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Penno said:
ThoseBackPages said:

I doubt Vasquez will be moved.

Members online