Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Montreal Canadiens fans boosting All Star Game votes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the NHL is looking into a suspicious spike in votes for Montreal Canadiens players in all star fan voting. it seems that Habs fans have been using scripts to vote automatically which is against all star voting rules. we will see if anything happens but if all 6 Habs are the starters for the East it will be another black eye for Gary Bettman and the NHL.

link to story on CBC.com

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I saw that when I voted and thought it was ridiculous to see Carey Price leading all other goalies by nearly 7x with a 2.68 and a .914 % compared to say Lundqvist with a 1.99 and a .929%.

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
That's insane... They need to revoke all the Montreal votes, and make them re-start. It's not fair that if they were cheating, that the votes still count. :evil:

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Y4NK335 said:
I saw that when I voted and thought it was ridiculous to see Carey Price leading all other goalies by nearly 7x with a 2.68 and a .914 % compared to say Lundqvist with a 1.99 and a .929%.

Get your friends to out and vote more. The all star votes are always about the most popular not the best players.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
they are using scripts to vote for Habs which are automatic votes which is against the NHL voting rules so the votes should be wiped clean. it has nothing to do with how many times other fans voe they cannot catch up. the NHL needs to take care of this.

chljoe

Sep 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
One way to solve this problem is to get rid of fan voting. It is a pointless game based upon popularity and not actual on ice accomplishments by that point in the season.

DetroitTigers

Aug 19, 2008
Canada
Y4NK335 said:

He will always be one of the top goalies voted for because he is in a Canadian Hockey market.

G

chljoe said:
One way to solve this problem is to get rid of fan voting. It is a pointless game based upon popularity and not actual on ice accomplishments by that point in the season.
Fans are idiots when it comes to voting for All-Star Games (Any sport) :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
chljoe said:

I agree with you 100%.

I don't think the fans should vote for any All Star Game in any sport because of the fact that it is only a popularity contest and doesn't reward players having outstanding seasons.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Autismic said:
instead of crying you guys should be voting to get your players on the bench while the Habs players all start :lol: :lol:

Are you mentally retarded? Can you still not grasp why the Habs players are winning?

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
JoshHamilton said:
Autismic said:
instead of crying you guys should be voting to get your players on the bench while the Habs players all start :lol: :lol:

Are you mentally retarded? Can you still not grasp why the Habs players are winning?

not retarded..just Autistic..man you're a tool for not realising I was joking..nice comments though..

G

chljoe said:

Well Said Joe. I think fans should never vote n Any All-Star balloting

Members online

Latest posts