Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~Saturday Morning Thread~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Good morning all you MT'ers. It's a nice sunny day out there and I will be going to my 30th gradutation reunion tonight. Other than that, it's the wood pile again for me today.

Art

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Good morning all you MT'ers. It's a nice sunny day out there and I will be going to my 30th gradutation reunion tonight. Other than that, it's the wood pile again for me today.

Art

Happy sunny Saturday Art!!! Glad the rain left...30 year reunion huh?? Have fun man, I just had my 10 year reunion last year :lol: Is today the day to wrap up the pile??

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
metallicalex777 said:
Resident Piazza Fan said:

Art

Happy sunny Saturday Art!!! Glad the rain left...30 year reunion huh?? Have fun man, I just had my 10 year reunion last year :lol: Is today the day to wrap up the pile??

Thanks Alex, I missed the 10th and 20th because I lived down in CT so this one should be pretty cool.

Today will probably not be the day. I had 40-50 hardwood trees delivered for firewood this winter, plus I have the tree across the street that I need to get cut up. A big portion of it fell about a month ago in a storm we had. I have all the hardwood cut to length, about 2/3 of it split, and about 1/3 of it stacked in my cellar. Will be another couple days just on the hardwood. Quite the chore every year, but you sure can't be wood heat in the -25 degree weather. :D

Art

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning Art, Alex and everyone else.

hoping for a nice quiet day of work today.

I won this yesterday. it's my 13th Bay 1/1.

!BWDmhi!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl26,yBKVk-+(sw!~~_1.jpg

also I went to the Hofbrauhaus with my wife and 2 of my buddies last night. it was so much fun and the food and beer were excellent. the pic below is only from the main hall there is also a dining room and an outside patio. the place is huge and we are definitely going back soon.

0710091829.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Good morning Art, Alex, Dave, Charlie and the rest of the MTers not yet here!!

Beautiful day in Ce. Maine, 3rd day in a row with sun- amazing.

My son's 10 year old A/S team bounced back yesterday with a HUGE win, 23-8, we live to see another day, today, game at 1pm. Lots of fun going to the ball-park each day :D

Enjoy the day!!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Charlie I can't wait to see the mailday.

Scott WOW 23 runs is a lot and 22 more than the Red Sox scored last night.
good luck to them today.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
pghbuccos said:
Charlie I can't wait to see the mailday.

Scott WOW 23 runs is a lot and 22 more than the Red Sox scored last night.
good luck to them today.

.....well the pitching got ugly and they are 9 and 10 years old ::facepalm::

Enjoy your reunion....my 25th this summer, but nothing planned.....

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
pghbuccos said:
morning Art, Alex and everyone else.

hoping for a nice quiet day of work today.

I won this yesterday. it's my 13th Bay 1/1.

!BWDmhi!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CIEjlLl26,yBKVk-+(sw!~~_1.jpg

also I went to the Hofbrauhaus with my wife and 2 of my buddies last night. it was so much fun and the food and beer were excellent. the pic below is only from the main hall there is also a dining room and an outside patio. the place is huge and we are definitely going back soon.

0710091829.jpg

Does the Hofbrauhaus have anything to do with the Hall of Fame??? :lol: :lol:

Looks like beer and spicey-brown mustard aplenty, which works for me!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Art - Man thats a lot of wood (isn't that what she said?? :lol: ). Good luck with that bud...you will pat yourself on the back this winter I'm sure.

Dave(pgh) - Nice 1/1...congrats on #13. Glad you guys had a blast at dinner too, looks like a great place :mrgreen:

Charlie - We can't wait until you show us...especially with that new kick ass scanner you got :D

Scott - Morning bud!!! Thats an amazing redemption game right there. Enjoy the sun and the games!!!

Imac - Have a fun weekend before camp :cool:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
So, back at the beginning of the year, I met this guy from Minnesota. We got to talking about the Cubs and Twins, and it turns out he collects,
and makes custom autograph cards. I don't know if you guys
have ever seen them in my bucket or not, but he made these for me last year to get signed IP/TTM.

Dawson-Grapher.jpg
Dawon-GrapherBack.jpg

Wiiliams-Grapher.jpg Williams-GrapherBack.jpg

So after he sent me these, I sent him some Twins cards I had, including
a Carlos Gomez BTL auto. Apparently Gomez is his favorite new player, because he was ecstatic!
So he says if there's anything else I ever want him to make, just let him know. I never really thought
any more about it, and since I haven't been able to get these signed yet, I never asked him for
anything else. So, imagine my surprise when I get a bubble mailer yesterday with his name on it.
Along with a very nice note, explaining how this was his first attempt at making a non-auto card, was this

customlogo.jpg
customlogoback.jpg

To say the least, I was absolutely blown away, and this is instantly one of the most unique and
treasured cards in my collection! The patch is incredible looking, the card is 180 pts. thick, and
he sent it in a brand new 2 piece magnetic case. Easily one of the best mail days I've had in
a long time. :D

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Morning guys.

Got a little drunk with my wife and a couple of buddies last night.

Got to bed a little after midnight and the little one decided to get up at SIX THIRTY.

Needless to say I am VERY tired, but gonna be up all day.

Hopefully I get to sleep in tomorrow (the wife slept in this morning).

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Dan - Morning bud!!! How is the mojo-weekend??

Scott - Yeah...I work from 5am-2pm PST so its pretty normal ;)

Sam - You sure don't sound excited ;) Enjoy your long awaited day!!!

Charlie - Those prototypes are amazing!!! That is a beyond impressive job on the patch and the way he words the back is perfect!!! You lucked out bud :mrgreen:

Anthony - Sounds like a perfect night...I guess its safe to say the little one keeps you young ;) :lol:

Members online