Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Pen/Marker for signing baseballs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Just looking for personal opinions, I'm going to get a bunch of balls signed at the All-Star Fanfest this afternoon. I am pretty sure ball point pens work the best...feel free to correct me if you know something better.

Thanks!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
notoriousrmb said:
Just looking for personal opinions, I'm going to get a bunch of balls signed at the All-Star Fanfest this afternoon. I am pretty sure ball point pens work the best...feel free to correct me if you know something better.

Thanks!
At most signings I've been to, they usually provide the writing utensils.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
For the planned signings, yes I'll agree, but I'll also be at the Futures Game and some other events before the All-Star game where I may be fortunate enough to get a few IP sigs.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
notoriousrmb said:
For the planned signings, yes I'll agree, but I'll also be at the Futures Game and some other events before the All-Star game where I may be fortunate enough to get a few IP sigs.
In that case I would say a blue BIC med. ballpoint would be your best bet.
Just get it nice and "broken in" so you don't get skips in the sigs.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
chashawk said:
notoriousrmb said:
In that case I would say a blue BIC med. ballpoint would be your best bet.
Just get it nice and "broken in" so you don't get skips in the sigs.

i agree, i always scribble on the top of the baseball's box or if i just have paper or something on me a little bit before sending it to the player.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Yep, bic BLUE ballpoint looks best.
Also get official MLB baseballs and not crappy knockoffs. Don't even waste your time having guys signing crappy non ORMLB balls. Also make sure you tell them where to sign, otherwise they will side panel most of the time.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Also get official MLB baseballs and not crappy knockoffs. Don't even waste your time having guys signing crappy non ORMLB balls. Also make sure you tell them where to sign, otherwise they will side panel most of the time.

Now is there a way to get rid of ink on an official MLB ball?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
This may sounds stupid, but carry the pen (cap on obviously) point down in your pocket. If gravity is pulling the ink towards the roller ball it while you aren't using the pen, it will be less likely to skip when being used.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
mwashuc06 said:
matchpenalty said:

Now is there a way to get rid of ink on an official MLB ball?

Have heard if ink is recent. Take scotch tape, press it down on the part you want removed and then peel it up and it will take pen ink off. Might have to do it a few times.

Members online

Latest posts