Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Abe Lincoln Hair Card Pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
haha i love the idiots on that board talking about baseball cards being stupid, when they lose all there money gambling and have nothing to show for it.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
KOBEARODLT said:
haha i love the idiots on that board talking about baseball cards being stupid, when they lose all there money gambling and have nothing to show for it.
+100 on this.

I feel dumber now for having read that thread.
An effing board devoted to GAMBLING, is telling him how
stupid he is for "wasting" money on baseball cards.

Do you think a single one of them realizes the hypocracy
or the stupidity of their statements?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
As for gambling ; thats how i lived for a year and lived well . I also think "hair" is creepy . whats next body parts?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I like the guy who says 15k is not life changing money because you can only buy a crappy car.

I guess a year of school, a downpayment on a house, or majority if not all of a car (since the car market is a buyers market) is not life changing

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Brad said:
I like the guy who says 15k is not life changing money because you can only buy a crappy car.

I guess a year of school, a downpayment on a house, or majority if not all of a car (since the car market is a buyers market) is not life changing

$15,000 is not life changing for most working adults. Sure, it's nice and can get you ahead a bit, but not life changing.

Also, collecting cards is somewhat a silly thing. Cant blame anyone for thinking that. If you take your collecting and or prospecting that seriously that you have lost touch with the general population, and there views of collecting baseball cards, then let me refresh your memory... It's silly and childish. Having said that, what do they know? I like to do silly things, like collect cards. It makes me happy.

:)

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Seeing as how the median income of families in the US is like $50,000 a year I'd say $15,000 is pretty life changing for most people. That's 30% of someones yearly salary in one lump sum. You're telling me that getting almost 4 months worth of your salary at once wouldn't be that life changing for you?

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Weimer said:
Seeing as how the median income of families in the US is like $50,000 a year I'd say $15,000 is pretty life changing for most people. That's 30% of someones yearly salary in one lump sum. You're telling me that getting almost 4 months worth of your salary at once wouldn't be that life changing for you?

I guess it depends on where you live and what your life style is.

Yes, $15k can be life changing for some people. Where as for others it can mean just some extra cash to play with.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
zach said:
Weimer said:

Yes, $15k can be life changing for some people. Where as for others it can mean just some extra cash to play with.

Or the exact same lifestyle with less debt

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Mighty Bombjack said:
zach said:
Weimer said:

Or the exact same lifestyle with less debt

This too is true.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just curious, but what do you guys define as life changing?

Because I do not consider a new car, or less debt or $15,000 "life changing". Perhaps we are just spliting hairs here, but with a gift of $15,000, I'd still need to get up, go to work, and pay taxes the rest of my life.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
matfanofold said:

Because I do not consider a new car, or less debt or $15,000 "life changing". Perhaps we are just spliting hairs here, but with a gift of $15,000, I'd still need to get up, go to work, and pay taxes the rest of my life.

It was posted above the median household income is 50k. I can say, my household is way under that, we won't clear 30k this year. So to be able to get 6 months of pay for nothing, would change my life. It would be able to afford the move-in fees on a new place that would allow me to pay less rent each month. It would allow me to fix my car, or buy a newer one, that wouldn't need as much upkeep. And it would allow me to pay all of my bills current.

So 15k might not mean much to some people, but to others (including myself), it could change their lifestyle.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
i43770 said:
matfanofold said:

It was posted above the median household income is 50k. I can say, my household is way under that, we won't clear 30k this year. So to be able to get 6 months of pay for nothing, would change my life. It would be able to afford the move-in fees on a new place that would allow me to pay less rent each month. It would allow me to fix my car, or buy a newer one, that wouldn't need as much upkeep. And it would allow me to pay all of my bills current.

So 15k might not mean much to some people, but to others (including myself), it could change their lifestyle.

Ok, so just to be clear, a new place to live with lower rent and a better runing car equates to "life changing" to you. Thats fair. I jut do not consider a upgrade in a living space and a better runing car, and perhaps a few more bucks "life changing". But if you do, then its valid for you.

Personally, as long as I still have to get up every morning and work to pay bills, it was not life changing. My life is my family and my work, plus some free time. $15,000 would not change that for me in the least. Even with a new car, better place, ect.

I guess it all comes down to how you define your life. If where you live and what you drives defines you(your life), then I can see how it can be seen as life changing. By the way, 15K would mean a LOT to me as well..

Now, $150,000? That may be life changing. Depends on what I do/did with it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The funny thing to me about peoples' gripes about DNA relic cards is that hair collecting has been around for decades...there is a reason Lincoln's hair exists to be put on a card in the first place. I remember major auction houses selling historical hair samples framed as a kid.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
It depends on how you apply the money. If I decided to go out for the weekend with freinds and buy expensive motels, eat the best foods, and buy Dom-P all night it would do nothing to change my life. Now lets say I had 10 different places that I owed money to (all in the range of 1000-1500 that I built up over the years) and some of those debts were holding back my credit/Fico score not allowing to be able to rent an apartment or buy a car, Ect. Ect. and I paid off those small debts off completly. I would say in about 6 months to a year it would significantly change my life. Obviously there are a ton of senerios and sometime its better (in terms of your credit/fico score) to have some debt than none at all but you get what I mean.

Members online

Latest posts