Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Great Twins Game....!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Sorry for the delay in posting, I have been busy.

Last thursday I was able to get tickets for the Yankees vs. Twins game. (That right there should of been enough!) I went early to try and get some signatures, and was pretty sucessful!

I was only able to bring one ROMLB, and I got it signed by Twins pitcher Anthony Swarzak on the SS.

Later on, while I was waiting for Joe Nathan to make his way down the dugout signing, I looked over towards the Yankee side, there was a number 48 signing for the yankees and I thought "Eh, dont know him. No one worth getting..so I waited for Nathan. After a few minutes I looked back at the Yanks side and I saw someone in street clothes and everyone was quickly gathering around. So I went over to the Yankee side, to find out is was Mariano Rivera, one of my favorites! So it got in the crowd and waited for him to come down. As I was waiting, I thought to myself what in the heck should I have him sign? I didnt have any cards, and the one ball I brought was signed by Swarzak. The only thing I could think of was my town team baseball hat I was wearing. Def not the best thing for him to sign, but hey, its Mariano Rivera. While I was waiting, I pulled out my phone to check a recieve text message, and then I thought, have him sign your phone! I thought about it, but I knew it would rub off so I just put it back in my pocket. Finally Mariano came to me. And boy was I lucky. I was the very last person he signed for before he said he had to go. Boy was I happy! :D

Now, the whole time that number 48 was signing for the Yankees. He was telling jokes to kids, playing tricks on them, shaking there hands, laughing and playing with them. I thought, hey this guy is pretty cool, down to earth guy, maybe I will go try to talk to him or have him sign something. So instead of budding in front of all of those kids, I went to the very end of the dugout where I could stand and wait for him. While I was doing that, I thought of stuff that I could ask him to sign. The only thing that came to mind was my phone..

He finally got to me. He asked me how I was doing and my name. So I told him and we made small talk for a bit. I finally asked him to sign my phone. He looked at me and than bursted out into laughter and told me he gladly would. So I handed it to him, and asked him to sign the back plate. Before he did, he opened it up, and looked at and asked me what kinda phone it was and how I liked it. So I told the model and how much I liked it. He signed it, and we talked a bit more. I asked him how it was to play with A-Rod and Jeter and all those guys and such. So at the end of our conversation I told him thanks, and he shook my hand and told me enjoy the game, and to root on the Yanks....yeah right. :lol:

Sorry for the long read. If needed, I can get scans of the Rivera and the Coke when I get home. I am also going to start a collection of him, so if you have anything available, PLMK!! Thanks for reading!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I got Phil Coke at a Trenton Thunder game last summer. Real nice guy. It was actually the night that the Yanks got Nady, and he was one of the players rumored to have been dealt to the Pirates. He clearly wasn't thrilled of the idea, but never said anything against the Pirates. Some ******* came up to him and asked if he could sign a picture of PNC Park. I can't remember if Phil did or not, but it stuck out in my mind as a dick thing to do. Anyway, sounds like an awesome experience. Are you going to try to preserve the phone?

zan

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Zan said:
I got Phil Coke at a Trenton Thunder game last summer. Real nice guy. It was actually the night that the Yanks got Nady, and he was one of the players rumored to have been dealt to the Pirates. He clearly wasn't thrilled of the idea, but never said anything against the Pirates. Some ******* came up to him and asked if he could sign a picture of PNC Park. I can't remember if Phil did or not, but it stuck out in my mind as a dick thing to do. Anyway, sounds like an awesome experience. Are you going to try to preserve the phone?

zan
Yeah, he is a great guy. On regards to the phone, I have tried, but it is already faded. Its not really that big of a deal to me though. I can always get another autograph.

Members online

Latest posts