Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone follow 1993 Finest Refractor Pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Someone just listed a bunch of these, but his prices seem high?
Do these usually sell for over book? I thought these usually sell quite a bit under book (except griffey)?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
hofautos said:
Someone just listed a bunch of these, but his prices seem high?
Do these usually sell for over book? I thought these usually sell quite a bit under book (except griffey)?

Some sell over BV, some about 50%....PSA 9 and 10s, BGS 9+ value flucuate by population. Many of the tough grade cards will often sell for high prices. That is the reason why you might see some high priced PSA9s and 10s.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I should add the commons with a PSA10 population of 1 or 2 often sell for $3500-$6500. Bernie Williams and Orestes Destrade each have a population of ZERO, two buyers have standing offer out if these cards can be gemmed at the $6500 figure

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
And some people say a player's RC is always his best and most expensive card :lol:

Couldn't resist saying that!

George_Calfas said:
I should add the commons with a PSA10 population of 1 or 2 often sell for $3500-$6500. Bernie Williams and Orestes Destrade each have a population of ZERO, two buyers have standing offer out if these cards can be gemmed at the $6500 figure

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
How much do you think a Jim Abbott psa 9 should go for? My dad collects Abbott and I've been wanting to get the '93 finest refractor for a while for him.

Picked this up this past year. Had wanted it for a looooong time.

93.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
To answer a couple of values.... This is my favorite set and have recorded the closing ebay prices with a fellow collector since 1999 and have them on a annual excel spreadsheet.

Abbott has really come down in the past couple of years, he had been selling in the $100-150 range but a bunch hit the market and he is back down to 50% with most others

Biggio sells fair ungraded however very few PSA10, the one on ebay right now for $650 is close to fair value, last several PSA10s and the BGS 9.5 have all closed $500-$700

McGwire like Bonds, Maddux, and a few other are on the roller coaster, prices shoot up and come down need the $150-$200 for a PSA9

Members online

Latest posts