User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me......

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me......

....or is everyone a little touchy lately? I feel like every thread I open up to read gets diverted into some overblown argument about something stupid. I kind of feel like a woman for making a "can't we all just get along" thread , but it's getting rediculous. I can't even read about the topic I opened the thread about half the time. If someone makes a comment that you think is stupid or asks a question that you think is stupid, does someone always have to rail on them for it? If someone makes a joke you feel is inappropriate, is the best way to handle it ridiculing them or does it just make it worse? I read a ton here although I don't post much, but I post much more than I did on the old BMB, because this sort of thing was so rampant. I'd hate to see it become that way here.

....and I fully expect someone to come in and make a joke about me in this thread now .

Collecting Interests
    Justin Upton - need everything not listed here
    Star Autos baseball late 80s - present
    Ohio State baseball/football/basketball autos - 1 per player
    Vintage baseball - mostly pre-war

Photobucket

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is it just me......

couldnt agree more, this place is just starting to suck.
    http://breakers.tv/boomo

My breaks are pretty entertaining.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomo

the chat room has not changed one bit, on topic conversations, no bickering or backstabbing, just a real nice place to sit back and talk cards without having to worry about someone making fun of you
    Prospectors killed the hobby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomo
    Then freakin leave!!

My goodness all you do is ***** and moan about how much you hate it here, how hard is it to not come to this site if you hate it so much???

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going as far as saying the site sucks.... I like being here more than on any other message boards. I like the community and feel like I'm much more informed on the game and my hobby for it. I just don't want it to get to the point where I don't want to post anything because I know someone will ridicule it. That's all.

Collecting Interests

Photobucket

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

boomo, that is a bit out of line

if you have a problem, come talk to me directly.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's "rediculous" that you don't know how to spell ridiculous correctly.

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the community here is a good one. The collecting interests of most folks around here are on completely different wavelengths of the spectrum from me, but I like seeing the other collecting foci. I tend to stick to '90s inserts, player collector threads, and the occasional (but rare) vintage topic.

To me, cards and memorabilia that are contemporary to their respective playing days, best celebrate vintage HOFers. To most around here, swatches and slices of game used equipment is the way to do the same.

For me, collecting a certain player is what I do without regard to the investment potential. Most here collect certain players for the investment potential.

In the end, though I get tired of what I consider to be nonsense from time to time (and probably wrongfully speak out on occasion), I tend to hold my tongue and contribute when my hobby knowledge is applicable.

All message boards have a degree of "gang" mentality. Those perceived weak tend to be thrown to slaughter. I challenge everyone to turn others' (and their own) moments of ignorance into a chance to have serious, open dialogue about the hobby and its many facets. Do not take offense to well-intended, thoughtful critiques, and be willing to talk about them and learn from them.

This is just a message board. Such an environment allows those who would normally be silent to have a voice, even if they don't know how to use it just yet. It also allows those who should probably stay quiet to flex muscles they would ignorantly flex in any environment because it is who they are. Either way, we're all fellable and there is always someone "bigger" and "stronger," in some sense of the words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL... REEDICKYOULOS!!!!!!!!! Snyper points out a spellin misteak when he kan't evan spelll SNIPER!

and yes I totally agree with the OP.
    1. Dam im SWEET says: Don't b snarkey uz that spel cheq

2. I farted at Kevin Burge during the '09 National!

3. Once you cool off I'm sure you'll be happy. The card is what is really important.
    Don't judge a book by it's cover it's what's inside that counts. Same can be said for envelopes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I probably get picked on the most here, and i LOVE IT HERE!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper
    I think it's "rediculous" that you don't know how to spell ridiculous correctly.

DANG IT!!! You beat me to it!!!!!

Just Kidding WD!

I know what you are saying, but SOMETIMES (and notice I put that in all caps) I like to read that "drama" threads, but some times it gets out of hand.

BTW, PM your addy and I will send you those two upton A&Gs.
    Eddie

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread becoming an example of what WoundedDuck is talking about.

As BunchOBull said, "[d]o not take offense to well-intended, thoughtful critiques, and be willing to talk about them and learn from them." Instead of having an instinctual reaction to lash out at criticisms, think about them; should you feel them to be ill-founded definitely share that belief, but do so in a thoughtful manner. The gut reaction to spit out a tersely worded rejoiner often times destroys a thread, filling it up with pointless bickering.

On another level, I think that offense is often taken to comments that are meant to be jokes, which is not all that surprising considering that a lot of intended humour and sarcastic remarks are lost in translation on a message board. A joke often depends just as much or more on delivery as it does on content, such that if written on a message board it can be confusing, or, worse, insulting. Sarcasm is worse still, because it often depends on context and interpersonal relationships. On a forum such as here, even if the two people directly involved understand the subtext, most others do not. Most of the time I consider sarcasm to be pointless (and often a poor excuse for humour) when written. Nevertheless, if it is used it is well worth trying to see how others would view a message that you write. If the meaning is even slightly nebulous, I would throw in a few words or an emoticon, each of which can clear it up substantially.
    Jonny Gomes Collection:
    501/510 (98%)_______134 1/1s_______313 Autos_______25 Bats_______17 Jerseys

Wantlist: Reward Offered

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hofautos
    Hey, I probably get picked on the most here, and i LOVE IT HERE!
    It's because everyone is jealous of your pickups...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots o tools, just like beckett, crazed moderators and all. Oh well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do'nt mess with my spelin, its purfect!!!!!!

Collecting Interests

Photobucket

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast