Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favorite box toppers of all time (pic thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Over the years, companies have gotten quite creative with box toppers.

They do not produce a whole lot of them these days, but back in the earlier years of this decade you could pull an autographed hat, baseball, or framed memorabilia in your favorite products.

What are some of your favorites?

I will start with 2003 UD Authentics, that featured a framed autographed work by UDA.

My example is this Chipper Jones.

IMG00197.jpg

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i pulled a nomar garciaparraa out of that gilmo. my favorite however is the 07 masterpieces autographs. followed closely by the laser etched glass ones from playoff(i think)

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i moved the nomar long before i had a scanner or digital camera, but heres one of the masterpieces. i have 2 griffeys, the jeter, reggie jackson, josh hamilton & 2 others. im slowly building the set. cant scan the others now, theyre packed away
SAVE0191.jpg

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Favorite of all time without a doubt...More times than not you would get a dud, but the cards all look great IMO

!BWFtddg!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZ3G2BKV)ElpqJg~~_1.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How about the Autographed 1952 Willie Mays found in hobby boxes of topps heritage back in 2001?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
springfieldisotopes4 said:
i moved the nomar long before i had a scanner or digital camera, but heres one of the masterpieces. i have 2 griffeys, the jeter, reggie jackson, josh hamilton & 2 others. im slowly building the set. cant scan the others now, theyre packed away
SAVE0191.jpg
They are NICE!

doerrudmasterpiecesauto.jpg

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
My favorite is the 2003 Flair Greats Sweet Swatch Classic cards. I'm working on the bat, jersey and patch sets, but probably won't finish for a few more years. Below is the Molitor 1/1 masterpiece.

My current partial set

2003MasterpiecePatchPaulMolitor.jpg

Aug 13, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
I loved the Playoff Absolute Auto Plague but with the jersey number in the frame.

I remember "back in the day" when nojo pulled the GU Arod 2001 All-Star Patch. I think it was one of his first posts on the old BMB.

Here is my box topper, not a great one by any means, but I still have it 10 years after pulling it

1999CrownRoyaleRipken.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
I loved the Playoff Absolute Auto Plague but with the jersey number in the frame.

That is a very funny typo.

I liked the 2005 Origins Tin Signs. There were 40-50 or so in all kinds of designs, from old-timey to overdesigned modern. Interesting collectibles and uber-dorky to hang up.

Members online