Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who else can't stand the MLB Network's annoying Hazel Mae?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I can't stand Hazel Mae.
She hosts Sunday's MLB Network "Quick Pitch" show (MLB's version of ESPN's Baseball Tonight.)
She has an unbearable fake announcer voice and mispronounces names and terms.
In a span of 5 minutes, she called Orlando Cabrera "Ca-bear-a," Shane Victorino "Victorin-uh" and the word homestand "home-stead."
It's her voice that bothers me the most. It sounds like she's trying too hard, which makes her sound very awkward when she's talking to the other MLB announcers and interviewing players.
And it has nothing to do with her being a woman. MLB's other female sportscaster is very good.
Anyone else feel this way?

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
The problem is that Sunday's Quick Pitch is just boring - it's just her reading the scores and stuff. Against Baseball Tonight on Sundays, it's a no brainer.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
George K said:
The problem is that Sunday's Quick Pitch is just boring - it's just her reading the scores and stuff. Against Baseball Tonight on Sundays, it's a no brainer.
I have an idea, use picture & picture, and have her be the main picture, but have Baseball Tonight on the bottom. Make sure baseball tonight is the one w/sound. That way she can be seen not heard, which is ideal ;)

(just kidding)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
bungle77 said:
She was here in Boston for a while. She's nice to look at. I don't really miss her anymore.
jbone17 said:
She is a nice girl just to watch on the old tv.
trademhigh said:
I think she should be seen but not heard, on the MLB Network.
She was hot, a couple of years ago in Boston.
Have you guys seen her lately?
She looks rough now, like a pug dog. Nothing like the pictures on the internet.
But I could forgive her for not aging well.
It's that damn phony announcer voice that grates my nerves and makes me change the channel.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Austin said:
bungle77 said:
She was here in Boston for a while. She's nice to look at. I don't really miss her anymore.
jbone17 said:
trademhigh said:
It's that damn phony announcer voice that grates my nerves and makes me change the channel.

I never said she was a gem. Just a looker. :lol:

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Austin said:
bungle77 said:
jbone17 said:
trademhigh said:
I rarely watch the MLB Network, so I can't say I've seen her in awhile...

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I don't like it when she's announcing the highlights because she is trying to use catchphrases that should be banned. It makes me squirm, because she is trying to be 'hip' when she is not.

The blonde [Trenni Kusnierek] is OK, but overall Hazel Mae seems like she does have a little more presence, while Kusnierek sometimes stumbles over what she is talking about.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I thought I was the only one. I have hated watching her since MLB network went live. In my opinion, she's not good looking at all.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
All she did was create a female Jim Rome character. People love Jim Rome and his over the top fake voice, yet hammer Hazel Mae?

And as far as "nice to look at", I'd rather watch baseball highlights.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
My parents cat loves Hazel May. When she was on NESN he would always stare at the TYV when she is on. To this day when my parents watch the MLB network and the cat hears her voice, he will run into the room and watch her. Very freaky

braden

Aug 7, 2008
She got her start here in Toronto as an in-game personality and the host of some half-hour Jays show. She was brutal then, too.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
200lbhockeyplayer said:
All she did was create a female Jim Rome character. People love Jim Rome and his over the top fake voice, yet hammer Hazel Mae?

And as far as "nice to look at", I'd rather watch baseball highlights.

Who loves Jim Rome? I can't stand that guy. I thought Rome's popularity was a West Coast thing. The man knows nothing about sports except fuming about stuipd little things.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
hazel_mae_zdena_chara_c2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts