Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HALLADAY/LINCECUM NAMED STARTERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Roy Halladay will start Tuesday's All-Star game for the American League.
American League squad manager Joe Maddon cited Halladay's "body of work" as the reason he got the nod over Zack Greinke. Halladay, 32, is 10-3 this season with a 2.85 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and a 106/17 K/BB ratio.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I am glad Doc got the nod, however, I am not fully convinced he is 100% healed. He has struggled since his return.

I do think it would be great if he handed the ball over to Wakefield for the start.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
bradical said:
I am glad Doc got the nod, however, I am not fully convinced he is 100% healed. He has struggled since his return.

I do think it would be great if he handed the ball over to Wakefield for the start.
Why? The Best starting pitcher is supposed to start. This is why I'm glad fans don't also pick the starting pitchers.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Bill Menard said:
He should have given this honor to Tim Wakefield

He already gave Wakefield a gift by putting him in the game. Wakefield probably won't get to pitch unless things get crazy like last year.

I see Aaron Hill was named the new starting 2B. I would have liked to see Zobrist get it, but I guess Hill did deserve it more.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
If it goes into extra innings and they bring in Wakefield and Victor Martinezz is catching, I can see the game ending on a pass ball

cowboysrule48 said:
Bill Menard said:
He should have given this honor to Tim Wakefield

He already gave Wakefield a gift by putting him in the game. Wakefield probably won't get to pitch unless things get crazy like last year.

I see Aaron Hill was named the new starting 2B. I would have liked to see Zobrist get it, but I guess Hill did deserve it more.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Its gonna be Wakefields first and last ASG appearance. He should atleast be able to stand on that mound, even if its just to face 1 batter.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Rudzud said:
Its gonna be Wakefields first and last ASG appearance. He should atleast be able to stand on that mound, even if its just to face 1 batter.
How should that matter? No offense, but it's not like he is a HOFer or a legend or anything like that.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
trademhigh said:
Rudzud said:
How should that matter? No offense, but it's not like he is a HOFer or a legend or anything like that.

It matters because he plays for Boston!

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
trademhigh said:
Why? The Best starting pitcher is supposed to start. This is why I'm glad fans don't also pick the starting pitchers.

The same reason ARod let Cal Ripken start at SS in his place at his final ASG appearance in 2001.

What makes Halladay the best starting pitcher? Wins, KOs, ERA? I'd agree with you, that if it was Game 7 of the World Series, and I needed one starter, I would not choose anyone over Halladay. But starting at the ASG is nothing but a silly stat line.

To those who have had a great career, like Wakefield, and constantly snubbed from the ASG, I think it'd be a great honor to let him start at the bump.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts