Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I sold a card and it was damaged in the mail and returned...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
I refunded the buyer, but I don't know what to do with the card. Can I try and resell it? Will people buy it if I explain the condition it is in? Should I just give it away?

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
dodgerchromie said:
what card is it?

mcallister.jpg

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I guess it would depend on what it is (if it is worth reselling or not)? Either way you need to be upfront (& make it as "clear as day" in your auction that it is damaged) & in detail description (as to how it is damaged) if you decide to resell it!

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
I actually remember buying a Colby Rasmus '05 Chrome Auto for about $40 and it was damaged in the mail (seller didn't offer insurance). I sent it back and he relisted the card and sold it for around $30 - he clearly stated the condition of the card when he relisted it. (Card had a noticeable crease on the back right corner). I would say some money is better than none if you are thinking about tossing it.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
thefasterblade said:
What happened to it?

I think it got caught in the sorter or something. It is bent along the top right corner and has a big wrinkle all along the back.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
blitzerlover said:
thefasterblade said:
What happened to it?

I think it got caught in the sorter or something. It is bent along the top right corner and has a big wrinkle all along the back.

Did you use a PWE?

No. Bubble Mailer, it also looks pretty beat up.

Here is the buyers pic of the card, you can see how it is bent.

damage.jpg

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
blitzerlover said:
Ian Stewart said:
blitzerlover said:
thefasterblade said:
What happened to it?

Did you use a PWE?

No. Bubble Mailer, it also looks pretty beat up.

Here is the buyers pic of the card, you can see how it is bent.

damage.jpg

why would you not send first class? If you are selling on ebay and not sending first class, you are gambling.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
rebelsbaseball3 said:
why would you not send first class? If you are selling on ebay and not sending first class, you are gambling.

I did send First Class.

Anyway, any Mcallister collectors out there?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
rebelsbaseball3- How do you know he used Parcel Post? All 1st class is hand sorted?

Here's a card I won for around $5 awhile ago. Unfortunately it got the same sorter treatment.

ebaytoys1382.jpg

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
MartinFFcollector said:
rebelsbaseball3- How do you know he used Parcel Post? All 1st class is hand sorted?

Here's a card I won for around $5 awhile ago. Unfortunately it got the same sorter treatment.

ebaytoys1382.jpg

I was told at my post office that an item cant go first class unless its 3/4" thick, that way its hand sorted and not machine sorted.. They however did tell me that some places will mark the package 1st class, but if its under the 3/4" thickness, then it will be sorted in the machine, which is the main cause of the damage.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Doesn't matter what the condition is if you decide to resell it, if the buyer is not happy, you are at there mercy. You would lose a claim if you sold it and the buyer wasn't happy with the condition even if you described it accurately.

Members online

Latest posts