Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN's HR Poll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Did anyone else see this today? The asked how many people thought they could hit a homerun with an aluminum bat.

51% said they could, 49% said No.

Are fans really this delusional?

A_Pharis

In all fairness, some aluminum bats are engineered to hit homeruns. I've seen some kill balls with minimal swing.
So I guess they needed a little bit of clarification on their poll, since I believe most aluminum bat leagues have specific guidelines to the types of bats they allow.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
A_Pharis said:
In all fairness, some aluminum bats are engineered to hit homeruns. I've seen some kill balls with minimal swing.
So I guess they needed a little bit of clarification on their poll, since I believe most aluminum bat leagues have specific guidelines to the types of bats they allow.

Those would be the same bats that College players use and not all College players can hit Home Runs.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
It's the same on FCB. Anybody remember those "How fast can you pitch?" threads? Half the members here said they could hit 85+.

A_Pharis

Ian Stewart said:
It's the same on FCB. Anybody remember those "How fast can you pitch?" threads? Half the members here said they could hit 85+.

Heheh. Depends... are they putting all of their weight behind blowing their arm out by throwing the ball in a random direction and praying it breaks 85?

Members online

Latest posts