Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********** The Morning Thread **********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Morning Dan. It's going, but going slow right at the moment. How's things with you and the rest of the mojo family?

Art

Going pretty good Art. Ready for tonights A.S. Game?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
MojoDan said:
[quote="Resident Piazza Fan":1qne2n18]Morning Dan. It's going, but going slow right at the moment. How's things with you and the rest of the mojo family?

Art

Sure am. Should be a great game, and maybe the NL will break the run.

Art[/quote:1qne2n18]

I think the NL could very well take this one. Who knows? When so many players only go for 2 innings its really hard to guage...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
MojoDan said:
[quote="Resident Piazza Fan":2ga1e5vc]Morning Dan. It's going, but going slow right at the moment. How's things with you and the rest of the mojo family?

Art

Art

I think the NL could very well take this one. Who knows? When so many players only go for 2 innings its really hard to guage...[/quote:2ga1e5vc]
It's bordering on pathetic if they don't, isn't it?

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
MojoDan said:
MojoDan said:
[quote="Resident Piazza Fan":2m8hcscs]Morning Dan. It's going, but going slow right at the moment. How's things with you and the rest of the mojo family?

Art

Art

I think the NL could very well take this one. Who knows? When so many players only go for 2 innings its really hard to guage...[/quote:2m8hcscs]

I know what ya mean. That's one of the good parts about it. Anything can happen when the players are switched out so often, which can change the game in just a few at bat's, or a new pitcher. Going to try and stay busy all day so time goes by alittle faster, lol.

Art

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
George_Calfas said:
Good Morning Guys!

Just putting the finishing touches on a magazine article.
Good morning George! Care to elaborate?

We have been invited to write a Archaeological article for Illinois Antiquity. It is for their fall issue and should be out in September. I am co-writing this with 2 others, they wanted an article from our research site and this way all of us could contribute instead of fighting against the other. Besides, the editor wants to reach a wide base and the 3 of us have very different research interest.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
chashawk said:
[quote="George_Calfas":hyeqsqsc]Good Morning Guys!

We have been invited to write a Archaeological article for Illinois Antiquity. It is for their fall issue and should be out in September. I am co-writing this with 2 others, they wanted an article from our research site and this way all of us could contribute instead of fighting against the other. Besides, the editor wants to reach a wide base and the 3 of us have very different research interest.[/quote:hyeqsqsc]
Sounds very cool.....if you enjoy writing that is ;)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
George_Calfas said:
chashawk said:
[quote="George_Calfas":35pp1szt]Good Morning Guys!

We have been invited to write a Archaeological article for Illinois Antiquity. It is for their fall issue and should be out in September. I am co-writing this with 2 others, they wanted an article from our research site and this way all of us could contribute instead of fighting against the other. Besides, the editor wants to reach a wide base and the 3 of us have very different research interest.
Sounds very cool.....if you enjoy writing that is ;)[/quote:35pp1szt]

Not really but it will be my first true publication. It is only 2500 words and on a subject matter I enjoy so it went fast.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Does anyone else feel like last night was THE most boring
HR Derby of our generation? I didn't even watch the final.
I think I turned on a rerun of Roseanne :lol:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
George_Calfas said:
Not really but it will be my first true publication. It is only 2500 words and on a subject matter I enjoy so it went fast.
Are they publishing it online? If so, please post a link when it's available.

I think it will be both but I am not sure, goal is to increase readership so idk.
I will share more later.....

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
Does anyone else feel like last night was THE most boring
HR Derby of our generation? I didn't even watch the final.
I think I turned on a rerun of Roseanne :lol:

Agreed, I even left home and one point, too much Berman for me.....
I did enjoy the softball game, Nelly has some game.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Good morning, all.

I got pick #2 in Andrew's 05 Draft, uh, draft. So that's cool.
How is everyone else?
Good birthday, George?

Latest posts