Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joba to the bullpen? Anyone have ESPN insider access?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Well, if Joe Girardi listens hard enough to the clamor in New York, that's where he'll send his struggling 5th starter.

Just listen to former Yank Goose Gossage: "This guy was their savior two years ago when they didn't have a set-up guy. They wouldn't have made the playoffs without Joba. He'd be the perfect [set-up] guy. If you could impact three or four ballgames a week instead of one...I think you're wasting a tremendous talent."

Yesterday we mentioned that Girardi could consider Sergio Mitre as a fifth starter.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
thefasterblade said:
Well, if Joe Girardi listens hard enough to the clamor in New York, that's where he'll send his struggling 5th starter.

Just listen to former Yank Goose Gossage: "This guy was their savior two years ago when they didn't have a set-up guy. They wouldn't have made the playoffs without Joba. He'd be the perfect [set-up] guy. If you could impact three or four ballgames a week instead of one...I think you're wasting a tremendous talent."

Yesterday we mentioned that Girardi could consider Sergio Mitre as a fifth starter.

goose should know. he was almost unhitable coming out of the pen.now hes just a below average starter.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
thefasterblade said:

With more money than God, that's the best they can do for a fifth starter?

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
He never should have came out of it.. They should prep him to take the closer position when it comes available...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
He is GONE in two weeks folks.

the Yankees are NOT going to get Halladay.
Why not?

Wells and Hallday for Joba, Melky and Jackson.

I think it is a great move for the Yanks they will win the world series with Sabathia, Halladay and Burnett as the top 3.

It is a gamble, but let's see the track record:

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

They have to give us LESS due to the fact they MUST take the Wells contract......the Sox for example have to give up Jacoby Ellsbury AND Buchholz AND Jed Lowrie to beat this deal because they can not absorb the 20+ million a year (or whatever it is, 14?) that Wells is going to be paid this year and the $106 million on the rest of his contract.

They will have a starter in Joba, get rid of a HUGE contract and bring up Travis snider to platoon with Bautista.

yanks are SO used to ancient pitchers: Clemens, Mussina, Pettite, Brown, etc. That Hallday will be 40 by the time his contract ends.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

I think it is a great move for the Yanks they will win the world series with Sabathia, Halladay and Burnett as the top 3.

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

They have to give us LESS due to the fact they MUST take the Wells contract......the Sox for example have to give up Jacoby Ellsbury AND Buchholz AND Jed Lowrie to beat this deal because they can not absorb the 20+ million a year (or whatever it is, 14?) that Wells is going to be paid this year and the $106 million on the rest of his contract.

They will have a starter in Joba, get rid of a HUGE contract and bring up Travis snider to platoon with Bautista.

yanks are SO used to ancient pitchers: Clemens, Mussina, Pettite, Brown, etc. That Hallday will be 40 by the time his contract ends.

dude...relax. you are going off on so many points that are wrong.

The Jays will not take Joba and Melky...Melky sucks and Joba's value is shot right now. A Jax they will take, but he is not the centerpiece to a deal. The deal would have to involve Hughes, Montero and A Jax/McAllister. The Yankees would have to feel the pain.

The Yankees will NOT continue to absorb contracts. I think we have seen what their ceiling is. They might start signing players this coming off season with Damon and Matsui coming off, but I don't see them taking on Wells and a Halladay contract.

You obviously hate the Yankees with your comments and think that they will sign or trade anyone. If they did not trade Hughes for Santana who is a lefty and 3 years younger...they will not trade for Halladay. Sure it would be nice but it is not happening.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

Pettitte has been average and done what he has asked. He is not a #1 starter.

If you want to go back to Irabu...I can go back to Wells, Clemens, Cone, El Duque, Mussina. Give me a break you Yankee hater.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

If you want to go back to Irabu...I can go back to Wells, Clemens, Cone, El Duque, Mussina. Give me a break you Yankee hater.

Don't forget Jimmy Key.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

The Jays will not take Joba and Melky...Melky sucks and Joba's value is shot right now. A Jax they will take, but he is not the centerpiece to a deal. The deal would have to involve Hughes, Montero and A Jax/McAllister. The Yankees would have to feel the pain.

The Yankees will NOT continue to absorb contracts. I think we have seen what their ceiling is. They might start signing players this coming off season with Damon and Matsui coming off, but I don't see them taking on Wells and a Halladay contract.

You obviously hate the Yankees with your comments and think that they will sign or trade anyone. If they did not trade Hughes for Santana who is a lefty and 3 years younger...they will not trade for Halladay. Sure it would be nice but it is not happening.

if he moves he is going to NY....no one else is dumb enough to take the contract......They will not deal Montero and hughes....and Tor would need a starter in return. So either Joba or Hughes will go. I think they rather give up on Joba faster than Hughes. If they can keep Hughes and get Halladay I think they will do the deal. Ok: Joba, Melky, Ajax, Mcallister those 4 for Halladay.......they eat the 2009 contract and the Yanks take on the remainder.

I was just listening to the WFAN and they said it is a strong possibility.

I really think this is the year, after falling flat on their face the last few octobers, that they will pull out all the stops.....they know the team they have now can't win anything.

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

if he moves he is going to NY....no one else is dumb enough to take the contract......They will not deal Montero and hughes....and Tor would need a starter in return. So either Joba or Hughes will go. I think they rather give up on Joba faster than Hughes. If they can keep Hughes and get Halladay I think they will do the deal. Ok: Joba, Melky, Ajax, Mcallister those 4 for Halladay.......they eat the 2009 contract and the Yanks take on the remainder.

I really think this is the year, after falling flat on their face the last few octobers, that they will pull out all the stops.....they know the team they have now can't win anything.
That is a straight false statement.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

Are you talking about Halladay or Wells?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

If you consider 'average' as the last 10 innings pitched as giving up 12 earned runs, 12 hits and 7 walks.....I would hate to see what a miserable overrated picther looks like :?

The point is if the playoffs started today the Yankees would be scared to death of their rotation after Sabathia and Burnett.

You would really want to see Pettite pitch against the Angels? Say the Yanks lost the first and/or second game.......Say Sabathia starts them off 0-1 and gets roughed up, series is over if they go down 0-2.

For 200+ million you guys only thought of 2 good pitchers :lol: :lol: :lol: We have like an extra 4 just hanging around who could be stars: Buchholz, Bowden, Masterson, etc.

rookieautos

Jul 9, 2009
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

If you consider 'average' as the last 10 innings pitched as giving up 12 earned runs, 12 hits and 7 walks.....I would hate to see what a miserable overrated picther looks like :?

The point is if the playoffs started today the Yankees would be scared to death of their rotation after Sabathia and Burnett.

You would really want to see Pettite pitch against the Angels? Say the Yanks lost the first and/or second game.......Say Sabathia starts them off 0-1 and gets roughed up, series is over if they go down 0-2.

For 200+ million you guys only thought of 2 good pitchers :lol: :lol: :lol: We have like an extra 4 just hanging around who could be stars: Buchholz, Bowden, Masterson, etc.
12 games does not show how good a career a player has for a team.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
braden said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
[quote="EricInCT":3sck4y8w]He is GONE in two weeks folks.

Why not?

Pettite (bust)
Kevin Brown (bust)
Irabue (bust)
Kei Igawa (bust)
Pavano (bust)

Are you talking about Halladay or Wells?[/quote:3sck4y8w]

The guy who has 40 rbis in 400 at bats.

Members online