Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pretty awesome find...one of a kind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Went to my grandmas apartment to take care of her cat while she was out and went looking through some of my dads old cabinets.I found at least 40 Programs and yearbooks dating all the way back to 1967.He had the program and yearbook from the 1969 Miracle Mets,he had a ton of old sports illustrated issues,funny reading about these "phenoms" that didn't pan out.I found old price guides with articles written by Kieth Olbermann...the most interesting being about a fake variation to the t206 honus wagner.Well I also found this beautiful piece.The signatures are in great condition.Anyone have an idea on the year...im guessing 1969-1970

well heres my new favorite item in my Mets collection.

1-1.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So you waited until Granny was out of town and then you went snooping thru her things. :lol:

Man this is wrong on so many levels. ::facepalm:: :D

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
with the condition of the piece, i would consider having one of our custom card pros make those into cuts for you. perhaps a quad cut?

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
That is an incredible piece of Mets history! I went to a signing by Cleon Jones, Tommie Agee & Ron Swoboda in downtown NYC in 1969. My mother worked for Manufacturer's Hanover Trust (bank) and took me with her to work that day so we could get the outfielders autographs. I wish I knew where they were now, oh well, great memories and congratulations on your find!! :D

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Halonut said:
with the condition of the piece, i would consider having one of our custom card pros make those into cuts for you. perhaps a quad cut?

Why would he want something his father got cut up when he could just get it framed?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
Halonut said:

Why would he want something his father got cut up when he could just get it framed?

i just figured it would be a nice way to display the piece...to each his own

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Halonut said:
Rudzud said:
Halonut said:

i just figured it would be a nice way to display the piece...to each his own

Yeah, but its something your father would have gotten 40 years ago. Sure, it looks a bit worse for wear, but you could easily frame that and hang it up.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
boxbreaker44:Thanks,I haven't read the book.

ThoseBackPages:Figured you'd like it

JEA2880:Thanks,great signature of a great player.

Rudzud:Thanks

JackLondon:Haha,I just repeated the name a couple times and it does have that baseball player ring to it.

Pine Tar:Dont tell

Halonut:The condition is actually one of my favorite parts it adds a little character.

69MetsFan:Thanks man,must have been a great feeling to meet those Met legends.

mrwhitesox30:Its not the first time ive found something great in those cabinets,about a year ago I found a ton of autograph index cards.

Members online

Latest posts