User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Index Card Autograph Collectors Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Index Card Autograph Collectors Thread

Lets see what some of you favorites are.

People who refuse to sign an Index card.

Whatever it is lets talk about it. Mine is freshly started and consists of mostly minor leaguers, but I will still show off if anyone wants to see!

I need 18 more 2004 BCDP Refractors HELP!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Index Card Autograph Collectors Thread

Sure let's see em! Here are mine. Some are custom ic's. Also have Bobby Thomson, Rafael Perez, and Bobby Doerr not scanned.

and my favorite...

#1 Asdrubal Cabrera and David Huff Fan!

Collecting: Indians, David Huff, Travis Hafner, Rickie Weeks, Akron Aeros, Indians Prospects, Indians Vet Gold Refractors, Braylon Edwards, Cleveland Browns, and current Columbus Blue Jackets.

Whales: David Huff 2006 BDP Red 1/1, Red Refractor, Superfractor, & Sterling Red 1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Nice Hamilton! Thats pretty cool!

Longoria? When did you get that?

I have only started this so I only have a few like I said but I got 'Super Joe' with a nice 80 ROY Inscription. Then I have Lonnie Chisenhall the Indians first Round Draft pick and then a few more Aeros players and a bunch of Mahoning Valley Scrappers players.

I like all your little things added to each of them, pretty cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakpi20
    Wow, Nice Hamilton! Thats pretty cool!

Longoria? When did you get that?

I have only started this so I only have a few like I said but I got 'Super Joe' with a nice 80 ROY Inscription. Then I have Lonnie Chisenhall the Indians first Round Draft pick and then a few more Aeros players and a bunch of Mahoning Valley Scrappers players.

I like all your little things added to each of them, pretty cool
    Super Joe is pretty cool, especially with the inscription. I met him at a signing and me and a friend were literally the only ones there getting his autograph for a good 20 minutes. He talked to us for a little bit and stuff and it was awesome. Lonnie is another cool one. You get it in person or does he sign ttm? You go to a lot of Scrappers games? Go Aeros btw.

#1 Asdrubal Cabrera and David Huff Fan!

Collecting: Indians, David Huff, Travis Hafner, Rickie Weeks, Akron Aeros, Indians Prospects, Indians Vet Gold Refractors, Braylon Edwards, Cleveland Browns, and current Columbus Blue Jackets.

Whales: David Huff 2006 BDP Red 1/1, Red Refractor, Superfractor, & Sterling Red 1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only been to 3 Scrappers games so far but I plan on going to as many as I can for the rest of the year! I love Indians minor league games, including Akron which I have been about 7 or 8 times this year. Its great stuff.

I got Chisenhall IP, he is one the coolest guys I have talked to. Last game I went to he stood and talked with me for a few minutes about living in the area, how hes been doing lately and just the team in general. Pretty down to earth and has no problem signing for anyone and everyone

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to send off cards of players, instead of index cards. However, I've started carrying a few with me to minor league games to get signed by someone who doesn't have a card out yet. Ticket stubs are an excellent item for signatures at minor league games, if you don't have a card or index card.
    DANNY
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my favorites: (I always send an IC with the card. Sometimes they sign it, sometime they don't)

Bob Doerr

Chris Perez

Kyle McClellan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a bunch of signed IC just siting around here...But heres 2 that I did something with.

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are a couple of HOFers that I've had success with over the last 3+ months:

Waiting on a bunch more that I wonder if they'll ever get returned- Molitor, Lasorda, Sutton, Gossage, B. Williams. Anyone ever had success with any of these greats?

Baseball Hall-of-Fame Autograph and Vintage Ted Williams Collector

Link to MaineMule's Collection and More........

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....here's a link to my collection of HOF 3x5's. Many of these I received when I was a kid in the early 80's TTM. I have also purchased a lot of these too. Been considering for a long time sending them to be certified......

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f289/ ... ?start=all

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had success with all five of those players on baseball cards. There are quite a few who refuse to sign index cards, however. I'm not sure how they are on those.
    DANNY

Quote Originally Posted by MaineMule

Waiting on a bunch more that I wonder if they'll ever get returned- Molitor, Lasorda, Sutton, Gossage, B. Williams. Anyone ever had success with any of these greats?
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Danny, I have not analyzed the reasoning why one would or would not sign an index card vs. a baseball card. What is the reasoning out there for not signing an index card? I have certified on-card autos of all these names but like the simplicity of an autograph on an index card.

Quote Originally Posted by dano7
    I've had success with all five of those players on baseball cards. There are quite a few who refuse to sign index cards, however. I'm not sure how they are on those.
    DANNY

Quote Originally Posted by MaineMule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have even had a few minor leaguers turn me down because it doesn't have a background. I even heard of someone who got their identity stolen from signing autographs. I can't even remember who it was though.

THANKS FOR SHARING EVERYONE!

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identity theft, off the plain white background is the reason I have heard, also.
    DANNY

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dano7
    Identity theft, off the plain white background is the reason I have heard, also.
    DANNY
    Thanks for information- guess that's the way of the world nowadays..........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast